PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

snuffy

Lurker
Oct 18, 2012
I was looking for suggestions on a low nicotine bulk or tinned pipe tobacco , preferably Virginia or Maryland based but all suggestions will be appreciated .

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Mac Baren vanilla in loose cut or flake. I respect Lady Nicotine, she has hurt me in the past. Vanilla flake is one of my favorites that seems low nicotine to me.
link to reviews,
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=V&TID=714

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I can't take much nicotine either, I'm very sensitive to it. My fav Virginia is PS Luxery Bullseye Flake

Jul 15, 2011
Anything aromatic is probably going to be about as low nic as you can find. Whatever you do, stay away from blends that have large doses of Perique and Dark Fired Kentucky because those are very high nicotine. Virginia blends are very high in sugar which gives them a lot of flavor but they are low in nicotine as well, but I don't personally care too much for Virginia blends.

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
I know you asked for VAs, but I would also like to mention that orientals are tasty and light on nicotine.

tomdavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2011
Houston TX
I am very sensitive to nicotine and wanted to smoke the natural VA blends. I tried many that were suppose to be low nic. I have come to believe that for reviewers that love VAs a low nic VA is higher nic content than, say, a low-nic oriental. Now I smoke only light lat/oriental blends and can avoid the nic issue. Try Frog Morton on the Town as that was pulled me from the VA way. Also Larry's Blend is my fav. But, if that is not appealing then I still smoke Blackwoods Flake--a true VA--as I have a large tin and it is ok.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
A nice mild va flake that is readily available and smokes great right out of the tin is Dunhill Flake
+1

This is a nice flake that doesn't get mentioned here much because we got a lot of guys who want lots of nic and/or are obsessed with SG flakes. A very nice blend.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I must respectfully disagree with pipenovelist regarding aromatics. Most use burley as a base which has very high levels of nicotine. Stick with Virginia or Virginia based blends.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I'm no expert on nicotine hits, but The MacBaren HH Matured Virginia is quite nice and I don't feel anything from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.