Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacco Discussion

Tags:   

Low Nicotine Tobacco

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

snuffy

Login to Send PM

I was looking for suggestions on a low nicotine bulk or tinned pipe tobacco , preferably Virginia or Maryland based but all suggestions will be appreciated .

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. buster

buster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Mac Baren vanilla in loose cut or flake. I respect Lady Nicotine, she has hurt me in the past. Vanilla flake is one of my favorites that seems low nicotine to me.

link to reviews,

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=V&TID=714

Think slow, act fast.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. taerin

Eric

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I can't take much nicotine either, I'm very sensitive to it. My fav Virginia is PS Luxery Bullseye Flake

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."
    Mark Twain
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A nice mild va flake that is readily available and smokes great right out of the tin is Dunhill Flake.

Harris
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

snuffy

Login to Send PM

keep those suggestions coming all !! And thanks !

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. matchstickman

Pipe Novelist

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Anything aromatic is probably going to be about as low nic as you can find. Whatever you do, stay away from blends that have large doses of Perique and Dark Fired Kentucky because those are very high nicotine. Virginia blends are very high in sugar which gives them a lot of flavor but they are low in nicotine as well, but I don't personally care too much for Virginia blends.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. mick

Bulldog Mick

Login to Send PM

I know you asked for VAs, but I would also like to mention that orientals are tasty and light on nicotine.

Just try one small bowl and you will forever more be a Grousemoor whore.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  8. tomdavis

Sundown Piper

Login to Send PM

I am very sensitive to nicotine and wanted to smoke the natural VA blends. I tried many that were suppose to be low nic. I have come to believe that for reviewers that love VAs a low nic VA is higher nic content than, say, a low-nic oriental. Now I smoke only light lat/oriental blends and can avoid the nic issue. Try Frog Morton on the Town as that was pulled me from the VA way. Also Larry's Blend is my fav. But, if that is not appealing then I still smoke Blackwoods Flake--a true VA--as I have a large tin and it is ok.

All things I undertake must contain integrity, compassion, elegance and grace.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. judcole

Jud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A nice mild va flake that is readily available and smokes great right out of the tin is Dunhill Flake

+1
    This is a nice flake that doesn't get mentioned here much because we got a lot of guys who want lots of nic and/or are obsessed with SG flakes. A very nice blend.

Thought in the early morning, solace in time of woes,
    Peace in the hush of the twilight, balm ere my eyelids close
    Rudyard Kipling
    Posted 1 year ago #
  10. bigvan

bigvan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I must respectfully disagree with pipenovelist regarding aromatics. Most use burley as a base which has very high levels of nicotine. Stick with Virginia or Virginia based blends.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I could very well be wrong mate, as I am not that into VA's, but I think MacBarren's Virgina #1 would be along the lines of what you may be looking for.

If at first you don't succeed, have another bowl.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  12. daytonsean

Sean

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm no expert on nicotine hits, but The MacBaren HH Matured Virginia is quite nice and I don't feel anything from it.

“We do what we do, because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.”
    ― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman, Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones
    Posted 1 year ago #
  13. tomdavis

Sundown Piper

Login to Send PM

One key I learned when pursuing the low VA is to avoid blends with fire or heat cured tobacco. Look for air cured and you will have a lower nic value. Click here for a good compilation of info. Click here for another good site. Be sure to note it is not only nic concentration it is also about your bodies ability to absorb it and that changes with what you are eating, drinking or ...

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. photoman13

photoman13

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Might want to give Jackknife Plug a try.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   derfargin, drrock, yaddy306, gregprince, gunslinger, agnosticpipe, kdflyer, rsuninv, tarak, onepyrotec, sparks, ravkesef, bluesmk, woodsroad, ae1pt, tbradsim1, weezell, mortonbriar, crimsonrat, portalhq