PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

elfauno90

Lurker
Dec 23, 2016
Hey All,

I am almost certain this has been a topic before, but as I age as a pipe smoker, my sensitivity to nicotine raises.
Can anyone suggest some extremely low-level nicotine pipe blends for me to try? I love smoking my pipe, but 3-day dizziness afterwards is ruining my fun.
Thanks in advance!
-elfauno90

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome elfa'. You can survey expansive listings of low nic blends simply by reviewing our sponsor online retailers. For example, smokingpipes.com lists the strength for every blend; one or two dots denotes very low nicotine. You can review hundreds of blends and see what among the low-nic blends appeals to you. All of the online retailers offer similar indexes of nicotine. Then whether you buy online or not, you will be able to determine what's right for you.

Reactions: missoula_guy

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
OP, you're not inhaling your pipe tobacco, are you? Just have to check as some people disagree on the method. If you are inhaling, stop that first and you may not need new tobacco. Out of curiosity, what are you smoking? That can help give us a baseline to help you.

elfauno90

Lurker
Dec 23, 2016
Thanks for all the info, fellow pipers.
I was getting sick whilst smoking Devils Holiday, Navy Flake, C&D Philosopher, etc.
I was thinking about trying Velvet, or some of the more commercial pouches to get me back into the swing of packing my pipe...
Im accepting any and all advice.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
There are 405 blends from which you may choose in this search of very mild or extremely mild tobaccos.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Is it really affecting you for three days or is that hyperbole? If it is maybe just find a hobby that does not involve nicotine! Otherwise, try anything that is rated as low in nicotine on the tobaccoreview site, and use a small bowl, smoke after a full meal and drink water with the bowl...

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Captain Black, Mac Baren, sutlif blends are for the most part mild on the nic levels. Lane 1Q, Hazelnut are good also. Make sure your not smoking on an empty stomach. Maybe have a sweet snack before partaking. A soda or chocolate kind of thing. I find that helpful. Low blood sugar and tobacco is a no no for me.

elfauno90

Lurker
Dec 23, 2016
I truly appreciate all of your suggestions!
May you all have an amazing holiday and enjoy your leaf!

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
I would say Mac Baren and peter stokkebye have least nicotine blends that i have tried.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Definitely stay away from C&D and Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Those are houses known for being heavy hitters in the nic dept. Those German aromatics are no joke either...
As someone said above, Lane Ltd 1Q and Captain Black are a good place to start. I would also add Cult Blood Red Moon, I think that's pretty low in nicotine. Overall English blends can be pretty light in nicotine but full in body and flavor so if you're looking for something like that I would suggest first and foremost an easy to find blend such as Lane Ltd Medal of Valor. That one is amazing in my opinion and my only complaint is that I prefer a bit more nicotine but that would be perfect for you if you like English blends of course and it can be purchased in bulk.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Consider using a filtered pipe. Not one of the paper types. But a charcoal 9mm filter or a Savinelli 6 mm balsa filter. They remove a great deal of the nicotine. I too became very nicotine sensitive for whatever reason. The filters have been very helpful to me. As an added bonus, they've made many aromatics quite enjoyable to boot.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
3 days after not feeling good means you're either catching a cold or you just shouldn't smoke a pipe. A good low nicotine blend I recommended for another piper on another forum who's now become a full on addict of this blend is Seattle pipe clubs Plum Pudding.

Status
Not open for further replies.