PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2011
If you can handle the Red Vs here, this blend is very-very good. I went looking for something different this morning, had seen a 2oz tin of this blend dated 2012...hmm.. The tin looked like it was ready to EXPLODE...so I pop'ed the top and let some dry out

for awhile. This afternoon I loaded up an IMP Meer and enjoyed a bowl
SP.com's write up

The Waccamaw River meanders through the eastern Carolinas, part of the Pee Dee River basin, a region intertwined with the history of tobacco for three centuries. What finer homage to this heritage than a rich, hearty Virginia flake? Bright leaf serving as the base is typical of the tobaccos grown in this region, while beautiful Red Virginias lend it sweetness and structure. Perique and a dash of exotic Izmir leaf complete this complex, satisfying flake.
Additional notes:
The tin art is from the front of our store (Low Country Pipe & Cigar) and offices in Little River, South Carolina, a few miles from the Waccamaw river.
waccamaw.jpg

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I really like this blend. I wish I could find it in bulk. I find with some age it mellows considerably.

Jul 12, 2011
MC's Tudor Castle is an outstanding blend...if I said I didn't have pounds of it age'in away in cellar.....high sugar in the blend makes it "prime" for age'in :worship:

pipesinperu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2014
samcoffeeman said:

... it was chopped sirloin compared

to Tudor Castle's prime steak.

Interesting ... I'll be putting Tudor Castle on my list then ...
+1 I liked the Waccamaw for the first half of the tin, but then for some reason it started making me feel a little sick to my stomach when I smoked it. I think it had something to do with the Izmir. Would like to try something similar, though.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I thought Waccamaw was my first choice in Low Country tobaccos, but after sampling the blends at

the TAPS pipe show, I decided Cooper was the one I'd try first. I'm looking forward to it, but am aging

my tins and working on my bulk tobaccos. Just jarred 4 oz of Peter Stokkebye's Navy Luxury Flake.

Jul 12, 2011
I have been testing this blend in all types/sizes of bacci pipes...I think I found the sweet spot; Smaller bowls and in a Meer is where it's at :clap:
Now this also holds true for other blends; don't write-off a blend...give her a full-cycle test :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.