PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
A little while ago I was gifted a tin of this tobacco and opened it a little less than a month ago. I'm down to the last 2 bowls of the stuff and am completely in love. It has a fantastic taste which I will not attempt to describe in detail due to my inability to describe tobacco flavors well. The things I do pick up are a nice spice, a fair amount of smoky flavor and a smoothness that is surprising. I didn't have a single bad smoke with it. I'm absolutely sure it will figure prominently in my next TAD order and will most likely have a permanent place in my cellar. Now to see what this stuff tastes like after a year or three.
If you like sweet lat blends with a slight nic-kick, this one is worth the price of a tin.
Thanks for sending me a new favorite Jim.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
My pleasure, Dave.
Glad you enjoy it as much as I do.
I put LCB right up there alongside Larry's Blend, Capt. Earle's Ten Russians, Stimulus Package and my beloved DH Nightcap. (Might have to toss a little Lancer's Slices in there as well alongside some Blue Mountain.)
Fnord

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Good God, how could I forget GLP's Gaslight?
That stuff rocks my little bitty Lat smoking world!
Please excuse the mini-stroke I just endured.
Fnord

kalvort

Might Stick Around
May 18, 2013
Larry, it's made by smokingpipes.com and you can find it under Low Country in the tobacco tins section. You might also want to check out their other blends like Cooper and Waccamaw, as all three have excellent ratings on Tobacco Reviews. Have one of each in my cellar but haven't tried any of them yet!

-Lateef

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've been studying those Low Country tinned tobaccos for months, but just can't decide which sounds best

for a trial run. I've come close on Waccamaw, but they all sound interesting. I'm glad to see they are well

reviewed; that raises my expectations.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I tried this a couple of years ago and found it just downright weird. It smelled to me like a shoe store crossed with 1792 Flake, just not in a good way. Maybe it was a bad tin.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I can't speak to the other Low Country blends: the LC Cooper has too much Oriental for me, Santee is an aromatic and Waccamaw is a VaPer.
I'm a Lat dog and LCB is one of my favorite smokes.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.