PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
today the mailman dropped a package in my mailbox. the contents were in an envelope and it felt like a tin of tobacco. i couldnt for the life of me remember ordering anything recently but ripped open the envelope quickly. what i found was a tin of sutliff private stock charlemange. i then thought to myself, where in the heck did this come from? well when i first joined this site i found a thread talking about free tobacco samples. it pointed you to a link where you could fill out some info and this company, atlandis, would send you something in the mail for free. i didnt quite believe it to be true but much to my surprise i got a 1.5oz tin. now, has anyone ever smoked this blend?

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
It takes them a couple of months but (as you discovered) they do send out samples.

I received Sutliff Private Stock Charlemange as well.

I put mine into my cellar. I'll smoke it... someday. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwNuQulK6N0

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
i will do my best to find it. i believe it is still active, as i found it a year after the original post about it

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
I got my freebie tin as well. Mine is BRG Mixture, I haven't smoked it yet, but it smells nice!

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
after opening the envelope i decided i need to take a break from the house remodel and smoke a pipe. had a nice bowl full of boswells best. figured i would let the sutliff sit in the cellar for a while and go through some of the stuff i already have opened.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
link has been found. i started a new thread with the link posted but i will put it here too
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/free-pipe-tobacco-sample-altadis

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I think the BRG is aknock-off of Briggs Mixture (When A Fella Needs A Friend). It was basic burley mixture that a lot of guys used for blending with other things. At least that's what I think it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.