PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

macnutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2011
Dang I be lucky.
Tonight I told the wifely one that I was going to get a few corn cobs at the end of the month, to get me through until spring, before springing for a new briar.
"Nay", says she. "The corn cobs are strictly utilitarian pipes, aren't they?" "Yes" says I, thinking this was not a time to wax eloquent on the joys of the cob.
Well, she said I must have that "Bulldog thing" for Christmas and of course I can get some cobs now, if I need them.
I was stricken silent, fearing anything I said would alter the moment.
This woman hated my cigarette smoking with a passion. Would not even buy a lighter for me at the 7/11. Recently when I was ill she offered to pick up pipe tobacco for me. Now this.
I'm in love all over again.
I often feel like an especially lucky guy to live with a woman twenty seven years and we still actually like each other. Today, I yam totally smitten. :!: :puffy: :!:

baldy

Might Stick Around
May 13, 2011
Congrats bro. What you have is indeed a rare thing in our instant gratification, what have you done for me lately society. Enjoy it, cherish it, for what you have is special.
PS - enjoy the Bulldog too.

macnutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2011
Yes, absolutely a keeper. My dad is jealous and thinks I don't deserve her. He's right but I do try. I've even learned to cook, and to serve brekky in bed at least twice a week. My sweetie is a terrible cook which is an easy way for me to make many points, covering a multitude of sins. :)
I went around the block several times before I met Judy. I was 36 when we met. I know just how bad it really can get. Have been there, done that. I know enough to know I am a seriously lucky dude. I even get to smoke the pipe in the computer room, if I seal everything and open a window. That is hard to beat or so it appears.
So, now I can get that Bulldog thang for crisbah.

Jul 15, 2011
I asked my girlfriend for a pipe for Christmas, to which she replied, "Don't you have enough already?" and my response, which promptly put me in the dog house was, "Ummm...NO!" She met me halfway and agreed to get me a nice Xikar pipe lighter. What you have is indeed a rarity. Cherish it brother!

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
Yes, you are a lucky guy....we both are in fact as my Helga still puts up with me even though I am basically a slob.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
You lucky dog. My wife is a gem. I just have to find a spot to bury her before the ground freezes.

Status
Not open for further replies.