PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I've had no luck communicating to or joining any local clubs so I've decided to start my own.

Find us on Facebook... Derby City Mortise & Tenon Club.

All pipe and tobacco fanciers in kentucky and southern indiana are welcome to join. I'd like to eventually coordinate get togethers as soon as enough members have joined.
So again..any louisvillians or kentuckians..join up! Let's smoke!

May 4, 2015
YES! Good for you. I feigned an attempt to start a pipe club here. It seems everyone is satisfied with the Tinder Box's monthly "pipe party." The pipe party is good - very good - (Thanks, Kyle) but I'd like to have more interaction, communication and direction.
Let me know how it goes. I'm interested to hear what works/doesn't work and how it's progressing.
CHEERS!

bluegrassbrian

Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
We have Kremers, which is the oldest still running tobacconist in town. Also, J.Shepherd is mostly cigar-centric but he does have some nice pipes, tobacco, and accessories.

Kremers has a big deck out back..perfect for get-togethers and it seems clubs have gathered there in the past.
I'd especially like to get some younger people in our the hobby.

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Darn ... wrong end of Ky for me.
I'm all the way over on the other end of the state :)

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
Somerset area here. There are a couple of other KY members here, unfortunately it being KY....well, our neighbors can be far away :)

digitalshave

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2011
From Indiana here (Near New Albany area) Would be very interested in meeting up with others. Unfortunately, no Facebook. Feel free to PM me

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
Surprised other members from KY area haven't chimed in. There are a few....seems they have missed this one. Not sure what parts other than 2, but could have sworn there was one IN lousville asking some time ago.
Found it! Has some talk of KY pipe smokers, might help some.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/kentuckiana-pipe-smokers-club#post-168898

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
That's fantastic to see the initiative bluegrassbrian - more pipe clubs are a wonderful thing.

tinsel

Oct 23, 2015
still welcome to join the group!
I'm all the way over in Calloway County. Anything East of Bowling Green is "Eastern Kentucky" to me hahaha. If I need to make a trip up to the Louisville area in the future, I'll hit you up to see if there's a meeting going on while I'm there.

bluegrassbrian

Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
For the guys in ky but not near louisville, feel free to join the fb group. Looks better when people actually join/like.

swb118

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 20, 2016
I'm down in lovely Bowling Green. tinsel, I never get over toward Murray, but then again, you do have Thile over there, so there's that.

markus

Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
I'm more south central Indiana area, but I will still like the page. I do occasionally get down there, but usually just driving through to Richmond, KY.

tinsel

Oct 23, 2015
I'm down in lovely Bowling Green. tinsel, I never get over toward Murray, but then again, you do have Thile over there, so there's that.
Indeed he is, and his pipes are gorgeous. I'd like to have one some day, but they are unfortunately out of my price range right now.

erivertree

Lurker
Sep 18, 2018
Greetings! I am new to this site. Lapsed piper, recently took it up again. I live in Louisville, KY. Would be happy to meet with other local pipers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.