PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oppie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2010
Chicago
I love Nascar more than life itself. Sadly, this weekend is an off weekend. No Truck Series race, no Nationwide race, no Cup race. Nothing! I hate to say it, but I'm lost. This is a lost weekend for me. Guess I could spend more time with the wife...........LOL.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Hey I know how you feel. Except for me it's the NFL.
I love football and Sundays are an event for my wife and I who is also into it more every year. She even plays in 2 fantasy leagues.
We have the NFL Ticket, always make some kind of "Football" food.
So right now is the long ark drought for me. Draft coming up though which is sort of like the first thawing of spring. Hope of things to come.
Anyway....I'm a hell of lot more productive during the off season.
Pre-emergent on the lawn and irrigation check up day for me today.

oppie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2010
Chicago
Jonesing, I feel for you. The NFL has a long off season. Thankfully Nascar's is only 2 months, with a few off weekends thrown in. Unfortunately this weekend is one of them. I can only watch so many home shows with the wife.......and act like I care. LOL.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
Spent the day watching old B&W movies on TCM so it wasn't a complete waste.

scottydu81

Lurker
Dec 16, 2009
speaking of sports- has anyone ever been to a roller derby? if not, i can only describe it as similar to football, however it is gorgeous girls in fishnets and roller skates, pushing and shoving and hitting each other. a lot of fun! i am not much of a sports fan, myself (i can get by on pro football and baseball, but i get a little lost once people start dropping names and stats and such) but this is one heck of a game to watch!
video that explains it better- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T8izdlc-dY

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Scotty, I watched that WAY back Late fifties early sixties as near as my old fuddled brain can recall . It was nearly as much fun as pro wrestling.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I used to watch roller derby when I was young. It was great!
Kevin, it's hard work, but somebody's got to do it.

(Part joking because it really is hard work!)

thecigarsoldier

Might Stick Around
Feb 8, 2010
Wisconsin
Not a big race fan, but College hoops all weekend for me is just ookie dookie. Cable TV in the garage working bike with a pipe and a few beers. Not a lost weekend in my neck of woods.
And Kevin, thanks for all your hard work while we're out goofing off.

scottydu81

Lurker
Dec 16, 2009
unclearthur-

yeah, i read somewhere that it used to be scripted and pretty hammy, but its a different sport now. those girls are tough athletes.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Can't wait for baseball's regular season to open. I am a huge Chicago Cubs fan. In my home we live and breath blue and a tad bit of red. This year may be the year!!! GO CUBS GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.