Lost An Old Friend Found A New One (pics)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Many of you will remember the loss of my pipes last year. Though I received many beautiful pipes and Gifts to help me get over the loss, one of the pipes that I lost was irreplaceable. It was one of the first pipes I ever restored and I took it everywhere with me. It was a WW2 era Pete Rhodesian seen here.

image.jpg

Since the loss I have bid on numerous similar pipes and even bought a couple of Petes, but they just didn't fit me the same way as the old one, but this week I managed to win a lot of pipes and I think we have a winner. It isn't exactly the same of course but it is close and it isn't entirely a Pete either. When I saw it on the sale the stem was a dead giveaway for a Pete but the seller couldn't read the script on the shank. Turns out it says Comoy's Monoco. So someone took a Comoy and put a fat Pete stem on it. You really can't tell that they don't go together unless you look at them closely. Cleaned it up and smoked it last night. I was going to call it the Compete, but I think I will instead call it the Complete. Here is a pic of it restored and the Inaugural smoke which was Cut Virginia Plug.

imagejpg7_zps737ea87a.jpg

imagejpg8_zps0b394674.jpg

And a few pics that are an ode to my old lost friend.

Smoking for the first time with my FIL.

imagejpg9_zpsd0ae1a61.jpg

Smoking on Rocky Top on The Appalachian Trail

image-28_zps25e172af.jpg

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Looks good Dave. Congrats on finding a new friend to replace the lost one. I hope it makes a great smoker for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.