Pipes Magazine » Pipes Accessories

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Lost 1st Pipe Tool

(17 posts)
  1. mcitinner1

mcitinner1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It took me 10 months to lose the first 3 in 1 pipe tool I bought. Just happened to get a new one a couple weeks ago. Did Karma lose it for me?

Stan
    Godfrey Daniels!!
    The Plenipotent Key to Cope's Correct Card of the Peerless Pilgrimage to Saint Nicotine of the Holy Herb:
    Posted 4 years ago #
  2. huskysibe

huskysibe

Login to Send PM

That's pretty good keeping it for 10 months, now its all down hill, buy a stock of them and keep them in a drawer. You'll swear they sprout legs and walk off LOL

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The pipe gnomes took it. After you got a new pipe tool, they took it for a new pipe smoker.

Arrrrr, shiver me timbers! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is September the 19th!!!
    Brothers Of The Black Frigate
    Posted 4 years ago #
  4. jimbo44

jimbo44

Login to Send PM

5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Geez ... Newbies should learn that you buy Czech pipe tools in quantities of 3.

Always keep one with you and another one as a spare buried in your pipe bag (you do have a pipe bag to carry your pipes, tobacco and needed accoutrements in don't you?) and leave the 3rd one at home with safely stashed away for emergency purposes.

Now the way this works is when you misplace or lose that one you keep with you at all times you will have the backup spare one with you to use. Now when you get home take the one you stashed away and put that into that pipe bag. Do not worry about not having one stashed away because before you know the misplaces/lost one will turn up and you then can stash that one away until you misplace/lose the one you have with you at all times. You see its one of those things that just works out that way. It is rather kind of like but not exactly wives and girlfriends.

You see when you take your wife out shopping and lose her somewhere between the jewelry department in Neiman Marcus and Fredericks of Hollywood you will have, just like that spare pipe tool a girlfriend hidden away for when you lose your wife. Now when you get home take the stashed away girlfriend out and keep her as the emergency girlfriend for when you lose the one you have. Now this is where kind of like but not exactly part comes into play because when your wife shows up she is going to kick your butt so badly that you will remember where you lost that pipe tool at and you will have no choice but to get rid of the girlfriends and what better way to send them off than with those other 2 pipe tools because from now on ... like your wife that you will never lose again you will never again lose that pipe tool.

So where do you think you her at?

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

shutterbugg

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sheesh I go to the hardware store and pick up a handful of big nails with heads. Lasts me a year.

Posted 4 years ago #
  7. zekest

zekest

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'll bet your lost pipe tool right now is having a beer with my five lost pipe tools, and a few hundred others.

Posted 4 years ago #
  8. huntertrw

huntertrw

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I managed to keep for years the very first pipe-tool (a Czech) that I ever purchased, loosing it once at a hotel in Pennsylvania. Fortunately by retracing my steps I found it on the sidewalk in the snow where I had dropped it while carrying my suitcase to my room.

That simple tool saw me through countless bowls and was a tried and true friend, but then literally vanished one Friday evening in the car on a commute home from work. I had stopped to load and fire my pipe, and afterward set the tool on the console between the seats. The on-ramp had a rather sharp curve, and as I entered it at speed I heard the tool slide off of the console and, out of the corner of my eye, saw it head for the floor. When the time came to tamp again I pulled off of the highway, fully expecting to find the tool on the mat in front of the passenger's seat. I did not. I spent at least 20-minutes looking for it, but it was nowhere to be found.

The next day I spent the better part of two hours searching the car: between the seats, under the seats, in the seats, in the seat-tracks, under the floor-mats, under the carpet, in the door-pockets, in the console, under the console...everywhere, but it was simply and forever gone.

If ever you are watching late-night television and see an episode of The Twilight Zone wherein the protagonist is smoking a pipe and tending it with a Czech tool would you please notify me? At least then I'll finally know where it went.

Love Me, Love My Pipe
    Posted 4 years ago #
  9. dottiewarden

dottiewarden

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@huntertrw

It could have fallen into the defog vents between the dash and the windshield. Then again, if the passenger window was down, it could of flown out into the wild blue yonder!

Dot
    Posted 4 years ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ming

Login to Send PM

I've been fortunate as I've never lost a tamper. I have misplaced pieces in the shop and around the house that I'm working on, but they always turn up.

Posted 4 years ago #
  11. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I absolutely worship pipe nails for their exquisite simplicity and functionality. That sturdy tamper
    and the nicely rounded scoop can't be beat. If you also want a Czech tool or three, and a lovely
    folding-knife style stainless steel tool, that's fine, but pipe tools will do 99% of the job 99% of the
    time. They are inexpensive, beautiful, and inspiring for their simplicity. I'd keep three or four
    around (or more) at all times, both the round tamper version and the squared version. Can't be
    beat.

Posted 4 years ago #
  12. lucky695

lucky695

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sheesh I go to the hardware store and pick up a handful of big nails with heads. Lasts me a year.

No wonder I have so many flat tires... thanks @shutterbug

"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis
    Posted 4 years ago #
  13. mcitinner1

mcitinner1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I found the lost pipe tool today under the back seat of my truck. That's typical of me.

Posted 4 years ago #
  14. pipebaum81

pipebaum81

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

can never find what I am looking for when purposely looking for that item. It always turns up the minute I give up and consider lost to the fortunes of the universe.

j/B

"I am a firm believer in the idea that who we are today is strongly influenced by the sum total of all of the individuals whom we have had the privilege of knowing."
    -huntertrw
    Posted 4 years ago #
  15. cobguy

Darin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It took quite a bit of time to get over losing my first tamper:

Posted 4 years ago #
  16. mcitinner1

mcitinner1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I can't beat that one Cob....

Posted 4 years ago #
  17. cobguy

Darin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

LOL ... Just joking man!

Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   paulfg, samw74, boston, lightxmyfire, cjforshi, oldtoby, hauntedmyst, jiminks