PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crusader

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Nebraska
Has anyone else have a loss of taste. For the past few days I have only been able to taste the most strongest blends in my arsenal. I tried a freshly opened tin of Bombay extra and all I got was a bitter flavor on the back of the tongue. Latter one of my favorites, Old Joe Krantz and about all was ther was the pepperines was prevalent. Food and drink is not that severe but a diminish in flavor is there as well. What is going on here?i I had some bite for a couple of days earlier in the week from chugging too much, could this be the youngest fighting back?

Help, i want to taste my baccy! Anyone have this before?

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Might be time for a break crusader.
Last year, when I participated in the Box Pass, I found myself "overloaded".
Eventually, flavors became muted and all the Latakia blends tasted "briny".
Take a few days off and see what happens.
Good luck! :puffy:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Taste is driven by aromatic perception from your retro nasal chamber. Have a cold? Feeling congested? Having an allergy onset? It's also possible to blow out your taste buds by over doing it with chili, onions and booze.
Any of that sound familiar?
-- Pat

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
Two years ago I got real sick, and that preceded said virus. Lasted for two weeks. I could've smoked skunk hair and never tasted it.

frank13

Can't Leave
Oct 5, 2014
Bakersfield, CA
I smoke almost exclusively latakia blends, and had the experience, about two months ago, where everything tasted briny or salty. I laid off of the latakia for a couple of days, smoked fewer bowls, and smoked a lot slower, and everything righted itself in no time. Good luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.