PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruger414

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 25, 2014
United States
Hello folks!
I've recently been in the market for a new pipe and a refurbished Lorenzo Eleganza has caught my eye. It is a beautiful carved piece, but I can't find very much information on it or the maker in general. For being such an interesting pipe I would hate to pass it up, but I would also like to know what I'm getting myself into. Do any of you know about these pipes? Any information would be helpful.
Thanks!

-Ruger

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Ruger:
Did you see this article in Pipedia?
http://pipedia.org/wiki/Lorenzo
There's nothing there on the Eleganza but the line itself has been around for awhile.
Welcome to the forums.
Fnord

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
My local B+M has several Lorenzo pipes and I enjoyed two bowls in my Lorenzo Marida today. One of my favorite pipes.

ruger414

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 25, 2014
United States
fnord: Yes, I saw that article but that was about all I could find regarding the Lorenzo line. And this pipe continues to be a mystery... I believe it is older (pre-1988) but aside from that I know nothing about the pipe itself.
blueeyedogre: Do you know anything about this model in specific? Lorenzo seems to have a relatively wide variety of pipes.

ruger414

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 25, 2014
United States
I think I'm going to get it. I can't resist it's curves! Anyways, It's being offered for $40. Do you think that's an okay price to pay? It's refurbished (cleaned, sterilized, re-lacquered) and has been pre-seasoned. I just don't want to pay more than it's worth.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.