PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seitz55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
I would like to start a pipe club in Wausau WI. If there are any forum members that live near Wausau WI that would like to be part of a pipe club please let me know. :puffpipe:

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Just riffing man, I'm sure there are plenty of fans of every team in odd places. As an example, I'm a Packer Shareholder and I live in Las Vegas. Be well.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
It only has to start with 2 guys. Our club started out with just 2 of us but we finally got to abut 12-15 regular guys. We established a FB page and that helped. Once you get it going it states growing. just keep at it and it will happen.

seitz55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Didimauw, its good to see there is a member on here from WI. Papipeguy, That Facebook idea is pretty clever. I would have never thought of that.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I've been wanting to start up a pipe club in my area as well, but my schedule right now just doesn't allow for it. Plus with all the smoking laws/bans here in WA state its pretty much impossible to find a location to house the club. Good luck getting yours up and going.

seitz55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Metalheadycigarguy, Thanks, I hope to find at least a few people around my area that is interested in a pipe club.

If you only get two of you to start with, pick anywhere and set up a chess board between you... even if you don't know how to play. Then, if someone comes up to complain, you'd be two guys smoking pipes and playing chess. They'd be more likely to ask you physics problems than ask you to leave. :puffy:
Seriously, I hope you get up a group. Pipe clubs are a lot of fun, and you get really diverse folks to hang out with, which always makes for great conversations, especially where tobacco and pipes are concerned.

seitz55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2013
Cosmic, I play chess, so that would work lol. It would be fun to get a club started. I am going to try to put a Facebook page together this upcoming week, hopefully that will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.