Looking to See Your Opinion on a New Briar Pipe I've Been Looking At.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

faziduke

Lurker
Sep 25, 2017
Just let me know what you think of this Brigham Chinook.
002-491-1458.jpg

edit: title capitalization, rule #9, ~Cosmic

If you realistically are wanting to buy this pipe, do it. I would suggest that you don't post an active link to the actual page where someone else can buy it. It has happened many times on here that another forum member buys a pipe out from under another member who posted in on here.
If you are looking to see what qualities that other members use in buying a pipe, keep in mind that most guys just shoot from the hip when buying pipes. If it looks good, pow. If it catches you attention, pow. If someone else wants it, pow... buy it just to keep someone else from having it. it Happens.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
It's OK, but i'm not wild about the blast...it almost looks like an after-though. In that price range, i would rather get a good estate with a good blast...

It will have a rock maple insert, and they do a great job of removing moisture from the smoke. I think that at that price it could be a great smoker. But, as Zach says, you get way more pipe for your buck by going for an estate pipe.

I find that the subtle aesthetic flaws that you can find in a cheap factory pipe can eventually turn you off to the pipe, but YMMV.

But, we all like different things. If it "speaks" to you, pull the trigger. If you have to think about it, maybe it's not for you.

kodos44

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2012
If that baby is calling to you grab it up! Yes, you may get more bang from an estate but I really enjoy having a new pipe. I've never owned a Brigham but it looks like they get some good reviews. Enjoy!

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
For $100 I would buy a Blakemar. For my money, they make the best pipes around for a hundred or less.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I have a Brigham Algonquin Rhodesian that smokes OK, and I like the rock maple filter system because you can run a pipe cleaner through it to clear the airway as the need arises. The downside is that it is really heavy for its size -- sort of clunker. So check to make sure the weight of the pipe is within limits that are acceptable to you.

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
It's a nice pipe, but I'm not a fan of Brigham's, it's something about that rock maple filter that I'm not fond of.

However if it's truly speaking to you, then by all means...

I much prefer Peterson's, Stanwells, or Savinelli.

Here is a good place to buy pipes.

Use the Pipe Locator and just specify your price range, you may find something you like better, good luck!

faziduke

Lurker
Sep 25, 2017
WEll I looked at the site some Marketthelad and found this Brebbia Aero Billiard

https://c647068.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/products/002-009-3133.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The blast is somewhat uncertain in looks, but the design, shape, flow and balance of the pipe is quite nice. It looks light weight with a good size bowl, and seems it would clench well. I'm not a fan of additional varieties of filters and such, but I think their use on this one is optional. The estate pipe suggestion is good, but estate pipes are a mixed bag too. A lot can disappoint. If you feel attracted to this one, and the price is fair, I think you'd be pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.