Looking to Add a new pipe to smoke strictly Latakia blends.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I am looking to add a new pipe to dedicate to just Latakia blends what shape shall I go with? I hear something with a flat bottom is ideal. Also some links to the pipe suggested will be perfect.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
How complex are the blends you want to smoke? Do you want just VA and Latakia or the whole shabang with VA, Cavandish, Burley, Perique, Orientials and Latakia?
I have found that the more complex the blend the more space I like to give it. But variety is the spice of life so I don't always follow that idea.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Just ran through my herd, and realized all my lat pipes are wide tall cylindrical bowls. Primarily volcanos and blowfish.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I know I have been looking at ferndowns even sent a message to Steve pipestud to message me if he came across any estates. Any places sell ferndowns at a good price? I normally see them in the 300-350 range.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Conventional wisdom is that a pipe with 1 to 1 chamber proportions, width to height, is best ie pot, prince, anything wide and squat. As far as my own pipes, the pipes that smoke Latakia blends best are wide, but not so short. Counting up, most are Lovats or taller bulldogs. Just don't go with a narrow bowl.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
Check out Pipes2smoke.com, they are a forum sponsor and Maxim provides pretty good service.

Most reasonable prices for new Ferndowns.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I like the pokers to but I have enough pokers kinda looking at something similar to a squat, Rhodesian or bulldog.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Chasingembers is spot on. I have a Trevi 320 and it smokes like a dream. Great Latakia pipe. It also won't break the bank.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I think I have it once maxim from pipes2smoke gets back to me will post pic when I get it in hand.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
image16-338x600.jpg

Layaway why not two payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.