PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
One of the many things I enjoy so much about smoking a pipe is the ritual involved. I'm sure you understand what I mean. I was just thinking of another ritual I enjoy every week. I start thinking about it and looking forward to it around Wednesday afternoon. Every Friday morning just before I leave for work, I hook up my iPod and download the Pipes Magazine Radio Show. On my Friday evening commute home from work to start the weekend, I plug in my iPod and enjoy the show. There are times when I'm tempted to cheat and listen on my Friday morning commute, but that wouldn't be the same. All day Friday I really look forward to that drive home. I can't think of a better way to start the weekend. Thanks for the show guys, for providing another very pleasant ritual to look forward to.
Peace,

Bill

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Very nice. With a 1 year old and working for a church.....I can't seem to find any normal rhythm to my schedule to allow that....but enjoy!

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
That's great! Probably makes your Friday work day to faster to with something like that to look forward too. I have some listening to catch up on

kendodan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 22, 2013
I do the same thing usually on Saturday evening here in Japan. I finish my last class and then have about a 40 minute drive home. It's perfect. Like you said, the only difficult thing is waiting to listen to it!

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I normally 4 nine-hour days and a half-day on Fridays (workload permitting...), so my usual post-work ritual involves either heading over to the B&M with a couple of pipes and some tobacco, or setting up on my back patio under an umbrella for a couple of bowlfuls with a good book - or sometimes, the beginnings of a book or story of my own.
Today I may not get to it quite as soon as I'd like... some work that was supposed to be someone else's primary responibility wound up back in my lap at the last minute. :x

riffraff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
South Carolina
Billp
One of the many things I enjoy so much about smoking a pipe is the ritual involved. I'm sure you understand what I mean. I was just thinking of another ritual I enjoy every week. I start thinking about it and looking forward to it around Wednesday afternoon. Every Friday morning just before I leave for work, I hook up my iPod and download the Pipes Magazine Radio Show. On my Friday evening commute home from work to start the weekend, I plug in my iPod and enjoy the show. There are times when I'm tempted to cheat and listen on my Friday morning commute, but that wouldn't be the same. All day Friday I really look forward to that drive home. I can't think of a better way to start the weekend. Thanks for the show guys, for providing another very pleasant ritual to look forward to.
You are a better man than I, brother. I can't wait for the afternoon. I listen to it on my Friday morning commute. That way I can tell myself that secretly without anyone really knowing, I have already started my weekend! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.