PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
About 6 months ago I bought a VERY lightly used Anthony Machelli Poker on ebay. It appeared to have only been smoked once, barely halfway down the bowl. The bottom half of the bowl was absolutely bare briar which appeared to have never had any heat applied to it at all. The bottom of the pipe is stamped "A Machelli" and underneath the name it's stamped "USA".
After a couple weeks of breaking the pipe in, it became a regular in my rotation and eventually became one of my favorite pipes.
I've been trying to keep an eye out on ebay for more of his stuff but haven't seen anything, so I did a little google searching on him. I found some old posts on some other pipe forums that said he worked out of PA and was on ebay under the name "Brax17". An ebay search for a member with that name turned up no results.
I did find what appears to be his youtube page here :https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxes9U5fh4pL17xcYRc_4rw
But it looks like he hasn't posted any videos in several years.
Does anyone know if he's still making pipes? If so, do I just have to wait for something to show up on ebay or is there somewhere online that carries new pipes of his?
Thanks.
Here's a pic of my A. Machelli poker

tinsel

Oct 23, 2015
I tried another member search on ebay and found the user "Brax17" but he currently has no items for sale. Any info about whether he's still making pipes and where they might be available would be appreciated.

twoonefive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2014
Willow Grove, PA
pipesandpens.com
Shoot me a pm and I'll get you his email address from his business card. I have 4 pipes from him and they smoke burley the best for me. He lives in PA but I have not spoken to him in some time. Brax17 is his eBay handle but nothing new for sale in at least a year.

tinsel

Oct 23, 2015
I sent Mr. Machelli an email, hopefully he will respond at let me know if he's still in the pipe game. I originally bought the Machelli poker because I didn't have a poker in my collection and the large bowl, thick walls and short stem all appealed to me.
The pipe smokes Va flakes like an absolute champ. I can fold and stuff about 1 1/2 hours worth of OGS or Dunhill Flake in it, 2 hours if I really smoke slowly. The draw is fantastic, it never gurgles, it's just a great pipe all around. I hope to get another one some day.
The video on his youtube page only showed pokers, I don't know if he makes other shapes or not. Even if his work is poker-only, I'd still like to have another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.