PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
What is the very best Vanilla blend you have ever smoked
Split decision for me on this one as I have two favorites with very different characteristics.
Your best bet, in my view, is Mac Baren Vanilla Cream.
My other favorite is Obester Vanilla, but unless you have a way to get tobacco from Hungary you'll be out of luck on this one.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Vanilla is one of those flavors I've never bothered trying. Something about the flavor of vanilla and tobacco just doesn't sound appealing, to me at least.
I have heard good things about the MacBaren though.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Mac Baren Vanilla cream flake. I have tried the loose cut also but the flake is better at least one to my taste buds.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
It is a toss up between "Scotty's Butternut Burley", and a local B&C "Tom's Favorite Blend". I got bit like a bandsaw off Mac Baren Vanilla Cream. But I didn't try drying them out, when they bite, back then. It's in the cellar. I might give it another go at this point.

sirgawain1

Lurker
Jan 21, 2011
Northern Neck of Virginia
I'm not really a fan of heavily cased vanilla blends, but I have to say recently tried Sutliff's Private Stock "Archduke Ferdinand" and it really was tasty! Very pronounced vanilla flavor, and not at all "artificial" tasting.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
As already mentioned before, Mac Baren Vanilla Cream is, hands down, the best vanilla aromatic that I have every had.
I started out with my first vanilla to be be Sweet Vanilla Honeydew. It was only OK. I have also tried Altadis Vanilla, which I did not like. I have, currently cellared, over 3 lbs of Vanilla Cream. It's a wonderful smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.