Tags:  No tags yet. 

Looking for Tasteful Tobacco

(38 posts)
  • Started 4 months ago by dahvrok
  • Latest reply from cachimbero
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dahvrok

Login to Send PM

Hey guys, im new to smoking and i like pipe smoking but i tried a couple o tastes from some brand and get a lot of cigary taste. Is there any tobacco that give a good breeze of taste or at least less burning?

Posted 4 months ago #
  2. carolinachurchwarden

carolinachurchwarden

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well, you're going to get this from someone eventually, especially if Jaytex sees this, so I'll just go ahead and be first...You can do no finer and find yourself a tasty pouch of Captain Black Grape!

Yeah, okay, so that's out of the way. What type of tobacco do you want? Something that smells really good like an aromatic or are you interested in Virginias, English, etc.?

"If you can't send money, send tobacco." - George Washington

Posted 4 months ago #
  3. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It would help for us to know a few things about your experience so far. What tobacco gave you the cigary flavors? Do you smoke cigars? What is your favorite tobacco flavors; maduras, conneticuts, snuff, cigarettes, wintergreen, vanilla, etc...

I ask, because there are so many ways this could go. We could suggest flavors, like the grape above, or we could suggest tangy, subtle sweet, or big and bold and in some stronger burleys.

Michael
    Posted 4 months ago #
  4. mikethompson

mikethompson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It really depends on what you are looking for, and how trained your palette is to detecting flavours. If you are new to the pipe you won't really be able to discern much the first few times.

Posted 4 months ago #
  5. hawky454

hawky454

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I would go with something like Orlik Golden Sliced or Reiner Long Golden Flake. Those are good flakes to get you going, they have refreshing citrus notes perfect for the spring time. But, Cosmic is right, there are hundreds of blends I could recommend but all depends on what you are looking for.

Posted 4 months ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

dahvrok

Login to Send PM

Thank you all guys for the fast responses, i owe you some more info.

Ive never smoked but got a pipe and started doing it rarely at the office. I tried cherry & orange but cannot remember the brand. I will find it and write it. To be honest i was doing electronic cigar and expected some massive flavor on the pipe. I dont have favorite flavors cause i haven't tried any. On the electronic i tried some, favorite was berries.

Posted 4 months ago #
  7. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ahhh, ok, so we have a start... First off, no matter what tobacco we suggest, it takes a while to start to actually develop a taste and vocabulary for explaining what you taste. You are still in the aromatic genre, which is what attracts many guys into this endeavor, so you are not alone.

Some guys will suggest that aromatics are harder to taste in the beginning, and they might suggest something with latakia, but since you are Vaping, and you like these flavors, starting off with aromatics is ok.

I might suggest Lanes 1Q as an excellent vanilla that also has some very good tobacco flavors in there. Try it, and if you don't like the underrinding tobacco flavors, drop the pipe and stick with Vaping.

To get more flavor from your pipe, you need to ssssssssllllllloooooowwwwwww down. Just when you think that you are smoking slow, slow down more. It is the surrounding tobacco heating up that gives you the flavors, not the actually burning tobacco. Think of it as smoking at the edge of it going out. Relights are perfectly normal at this point. Practice smoking..,. sipping as slow as possible, meaning sipping long slow sips off of the pipe. Don't worry about big clouds of smoke, nor getting a big red cherry fire in the bowl, concentrate on sipping slowly.

See if that helps. Also, many will suggest something called snorking, which is releasing the smoke back out of your nose. Yes, this might give you more flavor, but is bad form here at the very begging of your pipe experience. Unless you just need to nic hit, it is best to avoid that early on... and after years and years, I don't even do it.

I hope this helps.

Posted 4 months ago #
  8. carolinachurchwarden

carolinachurchwarden

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I would suggest that maybe you could try some OTC blends out there. Carter Hall is a great one to smoke on. Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic is also very good and it's got a lot of good flavor and aroma. Those two are great introductory tobaccos to get you rolling as they smoke very easily, but just remember to smoke them slowly and you'll really get the best out of your experience. After smoking through some of those, maybe you will develop a little more of an idea of what you're looking for. You could also purchase some fine 1 oz quantities of different odds and ends to try from SP's to give yourself an idea of what you might like.

Honestly though, it's hard to suggest something to you when you're not even sure what you like until you try some things out. If you don't want to go the OTC route, pick out a Virginia, English, and aromatic from the bulk selection at SP's and give them a shot.

Posted 4 months ago #
  9. olkofri

Olkofri

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Pay attention to your lighting too. Don't touch the flame to the leaf, but hold it a quarter of an inch or so above. If you scorch the tobacco it will taste very ashy.

Not the sweet, new grass with flowers is this harvesting of mine;
    Not the upland clover bloom...
    Posted 4 months ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

dahvrok

Login to Send PM

Yall have being a very helpful community. Thank you carolinachurchwarden for the flavor suggestions and Cosmic & Olkofri for the techniques, i will try as much as possible.

Generally im doing a healthy living so i dont get the smoke in the lungs but naturally feel the burn in my mouth. Is it going to create problems after years? I have heard pretty bad things like throat cancer, bad tongue, yellow teeth etc. I dont want to be the nerd but need to ask just once.

Also is there any way to keep the smoke burning for a bit longer? I guess only puffing

Posted 4 months ago #
  11. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ummm, what's wrong with brown teeth and a raggedy leather tongue? Mine is like a cat's. My wife really likes it.
    And, throat and mouth cancer are easily found by dentists for us all the time. If caught early enough, it's not a big deal.

I hate to be the one who runs you off, but neither Vaping nor pipesmoking is going to benefit your body as much as a long hot soak in a bath, or a jog, or eating kale. For most of us, we climbed down from smoking cigarettes to pipes, because it was a lesser evil. Some guys come to pipes from some crazy notion of it looking cool. Others will claim to like the flavors... although most of those who say that started off like you, with "I can't taste anything" posts, ha ha. So... how exactly did you want tobacco to improve your health?

There is a self-imposed relaxation... although, most of that is from getting tense from not having nicotine, and then getting nicotine eases the stress... like rolling in poison ivy to get itchy, and then scratching the itch for easing the itch. It's a self-imposed circular stress reliever.

The upsides are that it smells wonderful on you, and you will smell like it all the time, because you will stop smelling it soon enough... but everyone else will. It's so cheap, that you can actually make money from all of the savings you'll be getting on new pipes and tobaccos. Also, people always adore smokers. We are the most popular people in the world. People rush to thank us for smoking all the time.

Other than that... it has some down sides also.

Posted 4 months ago #
  12. scloyd

scloyd

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Also is there any way to keep the smoke burning for a bit longer? I guess only puffing

Don't puff, sip...sip slow. Also, dry your tobacco before loading especially if it's a moist aromatic blend. There are blends that you can smoke straight from the tin, others need to be dried 30 minutes and there are some (Molto Dolce) that seems never to dry. Each blend is different. Don't worry about re-lights, we all do it.

Oh yeah, one more thing...welcome and keep asking questions.

Posted 4 months ago #
  13. User has not uploaded an avatar

dahvrok

Login to Send PM

Damn Cosmic, im 23 man i cant have a destructed mouth x) i like the sensation thogh. Are you sure i will smell like the flavor and not just smoke?

scloyd thanks man, im finding it with time, you are pretty laid back happy to be here

Posted 4 months ago #
  14. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

well I'm just going to go ahead and get this out there, since you mentioned you vaped also. I vape as well, when I'm out and about because it's the only thing that could get me off cigarettes. So I know from experience, that you are never going to get the same amount of flavor, or same kinds of flavors from smoking a pipe as you are from vaping. With one you get a strong blast of flavor on your tongue that is very sweet. The level of flavor you get is akin to a piece of candy. Pipe tobacco, regardless of what's in it, or what it's flavored with is never going to give you that amount of flavor no matter how slow you smoke it. They are two completely different experiences. But if you keep at it, and learn to detect the hints of flavor that you can get from the pipe, you'll appreciate it a lot more than the other. Vaping is for the hand to mouth and nicotine addiction, with candy and pastry flavors as an added benefit. Pipes are for enjoyment, and relaxation.

Arrrrr, shiver me timbers! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is September the 19th!!!
    Brothers Of The Black Frigate
    Posted 4 months ago #
  15. chasingembers

chasingembers

Captain Of The Black Frigate

Login to Send PM

You can do no finer and find yourself a tasty pouch of Captain Black Grape!

I finally picked a pipe to dedicate that one to since throwing out my Dunhills.

I like coffee exceedingly.
    - H. P. Lovecraft
    Posted 4 months ago #
  16. hawky454

hawky454

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

A lot of us disagree in this regard (imagine that, pipe smokers disagreeing!) but I think light to moderate pipe smoking can actually promote good health but if you get to Cosmic’s style of smoking you start to get into more risky territory, I don’t think he even removes his pipe when he sleeps. Lol. I’m in the Fed Hanna and Rick Newcombe camp and tend to agree with their findings on health and moderate pipe smoking. At least that’s my story and I’m sticking to it! I can’t say that my health has personally improved since picking up the pipe though but then again I’m more in the risky territory as I smoke a pipe more than I probably should.

Posted 4 months ago #
  17. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I hate to be the one who runs you off, but neither Vaping nor pipesmoking is going to benefit your body as much as a long hot soak in a bath, or a jog, or eating kale.

Kale is now one of the most pesticide-contaminated vegetables

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/20/kale-is-now-one-of-the-most-pesticide-contaminated-vegetables.html

“Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out.” – George Carlin
    Posted 4 months ago #
  18. olkofri

Olkofri

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Generally im doing a healthy living so i dont get the smoke in the lungs but naturally feel the burn in my mouth. Is it going to create problems after years? I have heard pretty bad things like throat cancer, bad tongue, yellow teeth etc. I dont want to be the nerd but need to ask just once.

The burnt feeling is normal for beginners. Colloquially called 'tongue bite' (though technically speaking, tongue bite is not a burnt tongue, but a chemical reaction to a given substance—even salty or spicy foods can bite you), it would likely create problems in the long term—which is why we must develop proper smoking techniques to reduce it or eliminate it altogether.

I won't get into the whole health debate (again), but if you use proper techniques and exercise moderation you shouldn't have any problems, unless you're already susceptible to something. There're way more variables involved in the developing of illness than just the 'carginogens' you get from the combustion of tobacco.

Posted 4 months ago #
  19. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The watchdog group publishes its “Dirty Dozen” list annually, in which it ranks the 12 produce items that contain the highest amount of pesticide residues. The group analyzes data from the Department of Agriculture’s regular produce testing to determine the list.

Ranked alongside kale on the list are strawberries, spinach, nectarines, apples, grapes, peaches, cherries, pears, tomatoes, celery and potatoes.

I eat all the other ones, but Kale is stale! Kale makes me pale! And flail. And that's no tale; I'd rather eat shale.

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 4 months ago #
  20. olkofri

Olkofri

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I enjoy kale & ale.

Steamed kale with lemon juice and salt. :-9

Posted 4 months ago #
  21. jaytex969

jaytex969

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Gunner, Black Frigate. Say "Hello" to my little friend!
    Posted 4 months ago #
  22. jaytex969

jaytex969

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It was John Cotton's #1 that did it for me. Enough easily accessible flavor in an English for a new person to dig into.

Or Grape....

Posted 4 months ago #
  23. jaytex969

jaytex969

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Please, the grape thing is mostly in jest.

Though some do enjoy it, I and many others don't. It's become a bit of a joke.

The John Cotton's/English recommendation, on the other hand, was sincere.

Posted 4 months ago #
  24. User has not uploaded an avatar

dahvrok

Login to Send PM

Davidoff Argentina seems to be popular here

Posted 4 months ago #
  25. User has not uploaded an avatar

dahvrok

Login to Send PM

And the ones i tried were Borkum Orange & Cherry

Posted 4 months ago #
  26. aro222

aro222

Login to Send PM

If your looking for great tasting aromatics you can’t go wrong with Sutliff and Boswell blends.
    Choose a flavor you like and give it a whirl. Also for something sweet try Old Toby from Country Squire. It’s fantastic !!!

Keep calm...smoke a pipe.
    Posted 4 months ago #
  27. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just saying the word "Borkum" puts the taste of vomit in the back of my mouth.

Posted 4 months ago #
  28. User has not uploaded an avatar

dahvrok

Login to Send PM

Lmao, i was suggested Skandinavik. Also found out the Cornell & Diehl family that has strong taste with low nicotine. Apple/Cream for example

Posted 4 months ago #
  29. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Try around, different base tobaccos (Virginia, burley, Cavendish ...) and see which appeal to you more or most. Try among the blends you tend to enjoy. Buy small samples of widely different types. Jar what you don't like and try it again later, since your tastes will change. You can ask for recommendations, but only you can explore your own changing tastes. Take your time, Enjoy the journey. Tell us what you find. Cornell & Diehl makes great burley blends (among others), as does Daughers and Ryan.

Posted 4 months ago #
  30. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

C&D has Captain Bob's Blend, which tastes like you just ate a bag of seedless grapes. It has a veritable cornucopia of fruits layered across burley, Virginia, Latakia and Perique.
    If you can't get a taste out of this 'un, then, like Pipestud says, there is something wrong with your taster.
    There you go!

The past is never dead. It's not even past--Requiem for a Nun
    Posted 4 months ago #
  31. User has not uploaded an avatar

dahvrok

Login to Send PM

I will taste as much as i can and post here, unfortunately it seems hard to find small portions here, they mostly sell the large ones.

tennsmoker, reviews present it rather like a light/medium type, will try it though if can find it, as i said i have a bit limited variety here.

Posted 4 months ago #
  32. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I recently returned to pipe smoking after a 46-year hiatus and have been compiling a list of tobaccos that sound very much as if they ought to be tasteful enough. I do all my tobacco shopping at smokingpipes.com as they stock a staggering number of tobaccos and their service is excellent. Here's the list I've come up with:

Amphora: Special Reserve Black Cavendish 1.75oz
    Product Number: 003-274-0003 $6.95
    Amphora's Special Reserve Black Cavendish is based around, as the name implies, a special double-fermented black Cavendish, with Virginia added for lighter, citrus flavors and Burley for nuttiness.

CAO: Eileen's Dream 50g
    Product Number: 003-294-0009 $8.64
    Inspired by CAO's flavorful Eileen's Dream Cigarillos, this blend begins with a base of quality Virginia leaf and then infuses the same with a frothed cream that's been laced with superior Irish whiskey and coconut milk, followed by a subtle mixture of hazelnut paste, ground almonds, cocoa and vanilla extracts. This is one tobacco that your in-laws might actually encourage you to smoke around them (maybe).

Cornell & Diehl: Bijou 2oz
    Product Number: 003-016-0224 $9.99
    Choice 2003 vintage, Eastern North Carolina red Virginias crown this jewel.
    Accented by sweet bright leaf and rounded by small-leafed Katerini, Bijou is married with a hint of honey before being pressed and sliced into delicate flakes.
    This gem requires no adornment. Just time. Estimated peak: 10-15 years

Cornell & Diehl: Black Frigate 8oz
    Product Number: 003-016-0227 $30.60
    For C&D's Black Frigate, Latakia and Turkish are added to the Navy Cavendish which forms the base for Blockade Runner (Virginias soaked and aged in Rum) to produce a true Royal Navy blend. Pressed and cut into an old fashioned crumble cake.

Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Sweet Whiskey 2oz
    Product Number: 005-001-0042 $10.24
    This sweet, full-bodied blend is spun into a rope, by hand at Gawith, Hoggarth & Co., then flavored with whiskey for your enjoyment.

G. L. Pease: Barbary Coast 2oz
    Product Number: 003-029-0007 $11.48
    The finest cube-cut Burley, chosen for its deep, nutty flavors, forms a robust foundation for this sophisticated blend. Rich, Red Virginia tobaccos are added for their subtle sweetness and complexity, while the unique spice of Perique provides added dimension. A delicate kiss of brandy polishes this blend to a perfect finish. G. L. Pease's Barbary Coast is delightfully satisfying, with hints of black walnut, dark chocolate, and dried fruits. The perfect "all-day" smoke!

G. L. Pease: Blackpoint 2oz
    Product Number: 003-029-0028 $11.05
    Blackpoint is a luxurious blend of Red and Lemon Virginias, Cyprian Latakia, exotic Oriental tobaccos, and a perfect measure of Louisiana Perique for a lively, piquant finish from G. L. Pease. The smoke is creamy and lingering, engaging the palate with a mouth-filling array of wonderful flavors. Reminiscent of raisins and stewed figs, fireplaces in the fall and walks in the forest. Perhaps the most complex in the collection. Perfect for an evening stroll or good book.

G. L. Pease: Gaslight 2oz
    Product Number: 003-029-0085 $11.05
    Open up a tin of G.L. Pease's "Gaslight" and you'll find a surprising amount of empty space, the content's mass concentrated into dark, dense plugs; rich, compactly pressed bricks of exotic fragrance and flavor, with only subtle tones of lighter, warmer colors of leaf hinted at here and there. Suffice to say that with its images of deep, cool and misty nights lit only by the faint glow of soft gas-lamp flames, master blender Pease picked a very appropriate name for this Latakia smoking mixture, easily one of his most unique and evocative creations yet.

G. L. Pease: Haddo's Delight 2oz
    Product Number: 003-029-0002 $11.05
    Haddo's Delight is a stout blend of several Virginia tobaccos with a generous measure of long-cut Perique. Unflavored Black Cavendish and a little air-cured White Burley ribbon provide fullness, body, and a bit of extra strength. Finally, an exclusive process darkens and marries the mixture, and gives the blend a subtle tin aroma of cocoa and dried fruit. The flavor is full on the palate, earthy, slightly sweet and intriguingly piquant, with overtones of figs and raisins. A wonderful G. L. Pease blend for the Perique lover!

G. L. Pease: JackKnife Plug 2oz
    Product Number: 003-029-0072 $11.05
    For Pease's Jackknife Plug, dark-fired Kentucky Leaf and ripe red Virginia tobaccos, with their deep, earthy flavors, are layered on a central core of golden flue-cured for a hint of bright sweetness, then pressed and matured in cakes, and finally cut into 2oz blocks. Slice it thick and rub it out for a ribbon cut, thin for a shag, or chop it into cubes. The choice is yours.

G. L. Pease: Lagonda 2oz
    Product Number: 003-029-0074 $11.05
    Lagonda, from G. L. Pease, is a luxurious blend comprising generous portions of Cyprus Latakia, ripe red Virginias, and fine oriental leaf, with a bit of bright added for a hint of subtle sweetness. Pressing and aging in cakes integrates the flavours and partially ferments the tobaccos. The cakes are then sliced and tumbled into ribbons, ready for your enjoyment.

G. L. Pease: Maltese Falcon 2oz
    Product Number: 003-029-0061 $11.48
    Stylish, dark and alluring. Generous quantities of Cyprian Latakia are blended with matured Red Virginias, exotic orientals, and just a little bright flue-cured leaf to offer a deep, full-bodied yet silky smoke with an intriguing sweetness, enhanced by a discreet and mysterious spice. Maltese Falcon, from G. L. Pease, possesses an exquisite balance - a wonderful all-day English style mixture.

G. L. Pease: Westminster 2oz
    Product Number: 003-029-0052 $11.05
    The very essence of the traditional English mixture; rich, elegant, refined, and exquisitely balanced. New World red Virginias are enhanced with a gentle caress of bright leaf, then lavishly seasoned with rich Oriental tobaccos and generous measures of noble Cyprus mountain Latakia. Westminster from G. L. Pease is a satisfying blend, presenting layers of flavor to delight the senses as it develops in the bowl. A perfect every-day English.

Hearth & Home: Viprati 1.75oz
    Product Number: 003-493-0073 $11.60
    Named for world-renowned pipe carver, Luigi Viprati, who just so happens to love Virginia/Perique blends, Hearth & Home's Viprati blend is just that — a quality Va/Per. A base of ripe red Virginias is mixed with a generous amount of Perique and tinged with a hint fire-cured Burley to round out this very special mixture.

Hearth & Home: WhiteKnight 1.75oz
    Product Number: 003-493-0066 $10.59
    BlackHouse, Fusilier's Ration; you've probably heard of them. They were Russ Oulette's tributes to Balkan Sobranie 759 and Bengal Slices, respectively, and both have proven tremendously popular. With WhiteKnight Russ adds a third tribute to his portfolio, this one inspired by his memories of Balkan Sobranie Original Smoking Mixture, as it was during the late 1970s. To that end, Russ has combined Cyprian Latakia, yellow Virginias, and Macedonian Orientals (including Yenidje), producing a smooth, fragrant, light-medium Latakia smoke.

Mac Baren: Original Choice 16oz
    Product Number: 003-039-0057 $39.95
    One of Mac Baren's most gentle aromatics, Original Choice is a blend of extra-sweet North Carolina Virginias and mellow Burley from Tennessee with just enough black Cavendish to add a touch of spice. The smooth topping adds a sweet taste and great room note.

Peter Stokkebye: PS400 Luxury Navy Flake 8oz
    Product Number: 005-005-0002 $19.46
    Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Navy Flake is a pressed and sliced blend of very mature old belt flue-cured Virginia spiced with Louisiana Perique.

Peter Stokkebye: PS403 Luxury Bullseye Flake 8oz
    Product Number: 005-005-0014 $23.88
    Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Bullseye Flake is a delightful blend of Virginias and Perique, with a touch of black Cavendish — thinly sliced into neat bullseye coins.

Presbyterian: Presbyterian 50g
    Product Number: 003-054-0001 $10.00
    This fine tobacco originally had no name. It was blended before the first World War especially for the Very Rev. Dr. John White, sometime minister of the Barony Kirk in Glasgow and Moderator of the General Assembly in Scotland in 1929. He introduced it to Stanley Baldwin, later Earl Baldwin, Prime Minister in 1923, 1924 and 1935. He liked it so much that regular supplies were sent down to him and it was he who suggested that it be called "Presbyterian Mixture".

Samuel Gawith: Squadron Leader 250g
    Product Number: 003-059-0048
    Squadron Leader from Samuel Gawith is a classic English blend named in honor of the men who flew in the two World Wars. Bright and Dark Virginias are blended with Latakias and Turkish to offer a medium strength smoke with a subtle nutty flavor mixing with those of the Orient make this a cool smoke suited to casual puffing or an all day smoke.

Seattle Pipe Club: Plum Pudding 8oz
    Product Number: 003-606-0004 $43.99
    One of Seattle Pipe Club's most popular blends, Plum Pudding is a beautiful English/Balkan blend crafted from Joe Lankford's own recipe. Sweet, smoky, and spicy, it combines Latakia, Orientals, Virginias, Perique, and black Cavendish into an old fashioned crumble cake.

Seattle Pipe Club: Plum Pudding Special Reserve 4oz
    Product Number: 003-606-0015 $30.79
    Latakia joins Turkish leaf, Virginias, Cavendish and Perique to make this Special Reserve edition of Seattle Pipe Club's Plum Pudding, making for a smoky, complex, and spicy experience.

Posted 4 months ago #
  33. User has not uploaded an avatar

dahvrok

Login to Send PM

Excellent site indeed, but when i tried to order i got a message that my country doesnt accept tobacco.

Posted 4 months ago #
  34. cachimbero

cachimbero

Login to Send PM

Where are you from?

Posted 4 months ago #
  35. User has not uploaded an avatar

dahvrok

Login to Send PM

Greece. Many things dont come here

Posted 4 months ago #
  36. cachimbero

cachimbero

Login to Send PM

I buy tobaccos not available in Spain through Dan pipe and pfeifendepot. Both are in Germany and are not subject to customs within the EU. You could try there. They have a great selection although, sadly, no USA tobaccos like GL Pease, Cornell and Diehl or John Cotton. The rest of their selection is excellent.

Posted 4 months ago #
  37. User has not uploaded an avatar

dahvrok

Login to Send PM

Thank you cachimbero but i cannot find an english option there, everything is in german and pfeifendepot doesnt have an eshop

Posted 4 months ago #
  38. cachimbero

cachimbero

Login to Send PM

It is true that english is not available. My level of German is very low (I know how to count up to 12 and how to ask for a beer, and two, and three and up to twelve, see the pattern? ), but it is very easy to navigate: look for pfeifentabak (it is pipe tobacco).
    Regarding Pfeifendepot, I have received an order 1 hour ago. If you need help, let me know, I´ll try to help.
    This is the link for the pipe tobacco section:
    https://www.pfeifendepot.de/produkt-kategorie/tabak-tobacco/pfeifentabak/

Posted 4 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   donjgiles, geopiper, alaskanpiper, the85boro, mikey517, cfreud, burleyboy, georged, haparnold, pepesdad1