PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

froginameer

Lurker
Jan 8, 2014
So hello all. Im new to the forum but have used it a bit lateley with no avail on what i need so im posting now. I would like a meerachaum pipe carved and am in no such luck finding someone based on google searches a scanning a few tabs in the forums here. Briefely what i want is a horn shape maybe 7 to 8 in long with a relief carving in it. I already started emailing someone last week aboit it with a few responses and no luck after i sent the pictures. Just no response. Does anyone know someone who is a good carver and is fair with their pricing that i can be referred to
Thank you

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
I just ordered a custom pipe from Meer Queen.
I like their FL135 Floral Calabash with a slight design modification as I am adding a Fleur de Lis to the design, replacing the flower they show on the pipe.
You may want to sketch what it is you want and send it to Natalie at Meer Queen and let her quote you a price.
http://www.meerschaumstore.com/proddetail.asp?prod=FL135

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Listen to the last Pipes Magazine Radio Show.
It is illegal to export meerschaum from Turkey.

Unless you know of a meerschaum mine someplace, www.MeerschaumStore.com is the only game in town.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
If the rough rock is pre-drilled and a stem stuck in it, it is one of those things that fall under the class of a pipe and can be exported. It is possible to get those, then you can carve or finish it the way you like.
Getting an AMERICAN to carve cheaper then a master carver in Turkey, I personally don't think you will have any luck finding that. I personally would suggest having BAKI carve it for you, but you wouldn't like his price.

froginameer

Lurker
Jan 8, 2014
Im not looking to carve it myself (no good at artistic kinds of things) im looking for someone who does custom work like at the meerschaum store as zekest said.

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
If you want a cheap carver, I could do you a really good deal. Bare in mind I have the artistic skill of an elephant and the tools of a hairdresser. :puffy:

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Hi there,
You can send your project details to support@meerschaumstore.com We have been carving custom projects since 1963.
Regards,

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
froginameer - i bought some pipes from meerqueen - take a look at their pipe # FL128 - i totally enjoy this pipe - it is heavy but i hold the pipe in hand by the shank when smoking so weight does not matter. it is double waxed so must not touch the bowl when smoking as it heats up & will leave poor coloring later with marks due to touching the waxed bowl - an issue with some new meerschaums.

also you can request their highest grade meerschaum.

they are nice people to deal with & always answer emails in due time but note time difference.
http://www.MeerschaumStore.com

Status
Not open for further replies.