PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Having recently purchased a slightly smoked Dunhill I'm naturally drawn to all things connected to the legendary marque and just by dumb luck I was skimming through our tobacciana library at the B&M I'm working at. In the dark and dusty corner that was obscured by some cigar magazines I found a copy of Alfred Dunhill's "The Gentle Art of Smoking". I borrowed the book and just skimmed over it enough to see that it's a third printing, 1969 it looks like. I'm just curious if a few of you have read the book and what were your thoughts on it? I don't read much in the warmer months but I'll find some time in the evenings while smoking a bowl I'm sure.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
If you happen to like John Steinback in his final healthy days when he was still quite observant, a drinker and smoker...the pipe was smoked as well as his cigarettes then think about picking up a copy of 'Travels with Charley, in search of America' It has what every man needs....a roving apartment, lots of good booze, guns, profound thought, conversations with all manner of mankind, some civil rights of the day sprinkled on top of a condemnation by a hell-fire and brimstone preaching pastor. One of my favorite journeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.