PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deckad01

Lurker
Apr 26, 2018
I've been on the hunt for SG's Full Virginia Flake, and have not been able to find any available (most Samuel Gawith blends for that matter). Does anyone know what the deal is? And/or also, where to maybe find some? Thanks

bryguysc

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2015
Just give it some time.

Availability of SG goes up and down. They have a very old factory and production methodology, so it can sometimes take a while before more product comes in.

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
Check pipestud.com as if he gets some in it will have some age on it a well. So you can smoke it now. You get fresh stuff and you will need to sit on it for a bit as fresh is like smoking wet hay....

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Workman: I like it fresh, but I've had it with seven years of age, and it is fantastic then. Not that you have wait that long, but all of mine is at least four years old now, and some longer than that. Sure is worth smoking.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
You'll pay yea but you can order pretty much all SG products from Synjeco in Switzerland. You can get Full Virginia Plug which isn't available in the USA.
With some patience, I expect you'll be able to buy the FVF here in the not too distant future. As Harris said, if you start calling B&M's, you should at least be able to find some tins here and there. Watch here, people offer it up for sale fairly often. And while it is better with age, I like it fresh as well.

smokingcricket

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2018
I had 2 whole jars almost a year old.I think I'm half way thru the first and if my T-buds don't change I'm not gonna waste it by trying to smoke it when someone else could be loving it.I mean it scalds my mouth no matter whst i do.And its odd because I love ps lnf and a couple other Virginias.I might have to take a burley break and smoke nothing but Virginia all week then try fvf at the weekend,anyway I got some time before I can trade anyway.Pm me and maybe we can work something out if you can't score any by then.Good hunting.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
It seems like its feast or famine with SG. It happens every couple of years, and the recent Virginia panic caused by the departure of McClellands has not helped.

smokingcricket

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2018
Thanks guys.I kept hearing how great it was but every time I smoked it was horriblenand my tongue would be so frigged up I couldn't smoke anything else.I got so upset I almost threw the 250 grams minus 6 or so pipes away.Maybe now I get some enjoyment out of the last jar.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Years ago when FVF was half the current price and routinely available, it was 1 of my regular blends for awhile. While I liked it better than any other straight Virginia blend due to is fuller, darker taste, that was relative for me as it still seemed blander than I like. Turned out I need other component tobaccos in a Virginia blend to really appeal to me.

smokingcricket

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2018
Forget the bowl suggestion I have come to the conclusion that I don't like it.Im not saying it's a bad tobacco I'm saying it does not agree with me.It has taken me year to smoke 125 grams and the other 125 will more than likely take 10 yr.s to smoke.I just don't have anything positive say about fvf.So full Virginia flake and sutliff creme brulee would make me quit the pipe if that's all there was to smoke

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
I agree with Ash, you need to let it dry and cube cut it and it is a fantastic smoke. When it’s available buy as much as you can afford and age it. Can only get better. :puffpipe:

opus777

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 12, 2018
Incredible smoke, let it dry out completely and crumble/gravity feed the dry flakes, one of the best.

maker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2018
call around lots of smaller retailers are getting it in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.