Looking for Needle in a Haystack (Pipe Dealer)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Gentlemen,

I know this will like looking for a needle in a haystack but with the amount of members this forum has it just might work. I started collecting in 89, quit and put everything away back in 2005. Haven't looked at a pipe or smoked one until about a month ago, I pulled out all my books and pipes and the fever has hit me again. Like a freight train!! Before I hung it up in 2005 I was dealing with a pipe dealer who ran a small shop out of his house I believe in the New York area. He was mostly internet sales and always had a good supply of new pipes but a huge supply of Estates...sold tobacco and all accessories, but for the life of me I can't remember his name or his shops name. He was an older retired gentleman, loved the Yankees, loved Pete's, Stanwells and Savinelli's and had a passion for tobacco. I can't seem to find him anywhere...by chance does this ring a bell to anyone? He was a hard core yankee fan and I believe he was even from the Bronx but not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance!!

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
baskerville59 you beat me to it... Mel Feldman and his site "The Smoker LTD" was the first one I thought of as well.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Mr.Feldman's shop is/was in Albany,NY about 100+ miles north of NYC. Hardly the NY area. There were many small pipe shops in the City area (meaning the 5 boroughs and northern NJ) that it will be difficult to come up with a list. Sadly, most of them are gone forever.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Thank you Gentlemen, but I went to Mr. Feldman's websight and sadly it was not him. I enjoyed his sight but this gentlemen's shop was even smaller and when you first went to it, it welcomed you and told a short story about himself in which he brought out the fact he was a hard core Yankee fan and then it would scan his fireplace mantle and inbetween different styles of pipes would be Yankee bobble head figurines...the picture of himself was with a nice pipe and of course a Yankee ball cap. I appreciate all your help and for now I will continue the search.

Status
Not open for further replies.