PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
A buddy of mine sent me these pictures of his Colibri lighter and asked if I knew anything about it. Unfortunately I don't know much about lighters and was hoping someone on the forum might have some info. Any info on model name, year made, value...would be appreciated? Thanks!

image1-443x600.jpg

image2-443x600.jpg

image3-443x600.jpg

image4-443x600.jpg

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
I have never had any good experiences with Colibri, and this extends to their salespeople.
A friend had an old one that he liked alot and used often. The finish was in bad shape - it was well used. It stopped working for him and, when the salesman came to the shop where we used to hang out, my friend asked if he could look at it and see if it could be repaired.
The salesman took out a pocket knife, started scraping the finish of the lighter (which didn't do all that much more damage to it) and said, "It's the paint. You f*cked it up and it can't be fixed."
We didn't like the guy too much before that - he had a major attitude problem, but that day, he barely made it out of the shop.
This is not my only experience with the lighters or the company. AFAIC, crap top to bottom. YMMV

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
I've said this before on the Forums, and I will say it again here, I had a Colibri Clip pipe-lighter which worked flawlessly for me for many years. Based upon all of the negative comments which I have read here about their lighters it was apparently the exception to the rule, but I had no complaints. I replaced it with a Xikar clip, and while it is good, it is not as good as its predecessor.

Status
Not open for further replies.