PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

theckiser

Lurker
Jun 17, 2016
Hello! I'm am fairly new to pipe smoking, and I'm in need of some advice. I just recently tried a local house blend that consisted of Virginia, burley, and toasted cavendish. It is a non-aromatic. It was very smooth, and had a nice natural sweetness to it. I'm looking for a tin that would be similar to this. Please let me know your favorite tins that are similar!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome to the forum. McT's idea is a good one, but I must say you're lucky to have a local tobacconist. Why not ask him if he has variations on that theme?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Good morning and thank you for visiting our lovely forum. So you seek a good tobacco, yes? Depending upon your mood, I have a lovely Balkan Sobranie, a vintage 1984? Or if you're seeking something more Virginia, the Escudo is a favorite, be it an early 90's vintage or fresh? Why don't you review the menu from tobaccoreviews and we'll check back on you later. In the meantime, someone will return shortly with your water, a 2015 Evian and thanks again for visiting our little establishment. :puffy:

May 4, 2015
I know you said tin, but Luxury Bullseye Flake, my friend.
On a good day, it's less than half the price of B&M bulk. It's a fun cut, burns great and is deeeelicious.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you don't mind bulk instead of tinned, PC's Log Cabin blended by Russ O. is a great Americana blend. You can buy an ounce or two to try it; I think you'd buy some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.