Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
Forgive me if I’m resurrecting a dead horse. I checked the search engine and struck out.
Any suggestions for a sweet mellow Balkan blend? A sweet English will work too. Lately I’ve been burning through Margate like there’s no tomorrow. I’m still loving my stout English but I’m getting a sweet tooth.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I guess it's a subjective thing, what may be sweet to me may not be for you. I personally find My Mixture 965 by Dunhill to be quite sweet (unlike EMP which I find a bit peppery for example). Give it a try if you haven't yet.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I've got some Hearth & Home Marquee Concerto coming in soon. The word "sweet" shows up in most of the reviews. I'll let you know.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Watch City Cigar Justice Mixture is what you are looking for. It has Oriental Cavendish in it. Such a nice blend for a change of pace.
We start with a unique Oriental Cavendish tobacco (Not too sweet...and never goopy) And we add a generous dosage of Cyprian Latakia. To finish off we add just a teenie tiny pinch of Perique for just because. This is a medium bodied English blend for you Balkan lovers who want a change of pace.
There is also Esoterica Tobacciana St. Ives. It is a transitional blend between Aromatic and English (close to English).

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Savinelli's Giublileo d'Oro is what you're looking for sir. :puffy:

sumusfumus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2017
New York City
Dave g...
For an aromatic, sweet-mild, English style blend, try Lane Ltd. "HGL". Creamy, great aroma, all day smoke. Tiny amount of Latakia adds to the exotic fragrance....but, no burning-leather stench, here.
I've found that LL "HGL" makes a great "base" when adding other blends/tobaccos to it when searching for a slightly different flavor profile. Very versatile. Try adding some of your more robust English blends to some "HGL" for a pleasant jolt to that sweet tooth of yours.
Good luck with your quest.
Frank

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
634.MissUniverse.montenegro.mh.121912.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.