PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9shag

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2012
North Carolina
I should have followed up here. I stayed in the Massapequa area and within about a half hour drive found no true pipe B&M. I did find tobacco shops that had cigar humidors and OTC pipe tobacco , and corn cob pipes (not even MM) . I am sure that with a greater traveling distance I would have been more successful, but I did not want to deal with the traffic. When you live 15 minutes from a B&M like McCranies you get spoiled

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
Marx Brothers in Huntington has been out of business for at least 5 years.
There is a place around the corner, Huntington Humidor (8 New Street) with a lounge.
It is a cigar store, not a pipe shop, but you are more than welcome.
Tell James that Scott sent you.
There is another place, not too far away, that has tobacco, pipes, and supplies. I think they have a small lounge downstairs also. Nice guys. On the west-side of Walt Whitman Road, just south of Rt. 25.
And, as I read this thread, I'm late. Story of my life.
Anyway, for next time.

skaukatt

Can't Leave
Sadly, and without disrespect to all 87, pipes will not be the main event at any of these. Cigars will rule the day at these establishments, which is fantastic for cigar hunters but for pipe guys, it will be an unquenchable quest. You may find some inexpensive board pipes, corn cobs and perhaps a Savinelli or Peterson, maybe something more but that will be truly few and far between. Unfortunately, the last "real" tobacconist closed up shop a few years ago. Trinity East in Rockville Center on Sunrise Hwy., closed up when the owner, Joe Nastri of the Nasti Family and Barclay Rex fame of NYC, passed away. He was a great guy and had a store that was pipe focused. As a life long NY'er I have not been able to find anything close outside of Manhattan.
If your travels take you through or past Roslyn Heights, you may want to check out Matador Cigars which, of course is a cigar lounge but also has the benefit of being managed by a gentleman and true pipe guy by the name of Frank Cervone, who used to work at Barclay Rex in NYC, many of you may remember him, and is the main influence for bringing fine quality pipes to the stores inventory. He and the owner Boris Grossman, have hosted trunk shows which included Steve Monjure of Monjure Int'l. who distribute Ardor, Rinaldo and others. So, you will find some very nice briars in the counter display there.
If anyone stumbles upon a good pipe focused B&M on Long Island please let me know.
Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.