PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

billm67

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Camp Hill, PA
I am sooooo frustrated. It seems that every tobacco I like....turns out to be difficult to get. For several years I smoked Tinder Box Black Russian. Then the tinder box franchise closed. I have recently found Altadis Night Cap and it is very similar....but the store it get it from is primarily a cigarette shop and won't order 6 sleaves until they have a larger order. I got a tin of Sutliff Molto Dolce and loved it! But it is somewhat difficult to find and when I see it on line it's usually 10.00 a tin (for 1.5 ounces) plus shipping. I would love to find one of the 8 oz cans...but they don't seem to exist.
Does anyone know a good place to get any of these (but especially the Molto Dolce).

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I know there's a banner running on this site for Sutliff's Private Collection. A good place to start looking is on the websites of our site sponsors. Scroll down and they're in red on the left side of the page.

Jul 15, 2011
But it is somewhat difficult to find and when I see it on line it's usually 10.00 a tin
I just looked this tobacco up on pipesandcigars.com and I think they are selling it for 6.99 a tin. Cheap stuff. Might have to get some.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
PipesandCigars.com actually has a little sale on their sutliff tobaccos
http://pipesandcigars.com/suprstpitomo.html
I've personally never seen an 8oz bag of sutliff tobacco, but I havn't been looking.

Might want to ditch the effort for the big bags and just grab a bunch of these tins for $6.99 ea.

Jul 15, 2011
PN, you should. It's like smoking dessert! It's an Altadis though, so it needs some drying time.
Cyndi, if you like sweet aromatics, have you tried their Vanilla Custard? Bulk blend, dirt cheap, absolutely amazing smoke!

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I'll have to look it up. I'm not normally a sweet aro fan, but Molto Dolce just hit that spot that gives you the O face. :D wanna trade samples?

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
bill - Sutliffs have been on a tear in Eastern PA, and quite a few B&Ms have been stocking them, including MD. Some cigar shops have even been stocking Sutliff tobacco. As for the 8 oz size, I have never seen Sutliff in big bags, but rather 8 oz tins. The tins, BTW, seem to be some kind of aluminized cardboard for the sides, though the top is indeed aluminum like the C&D and McClelland tins.
I don't recall if Wingenroth's, in Lebanon just east of you, has Sutliffs, but they sure do have a fabulous selection of hundreds of tins.
hp

les

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
BTW bill - Altadis/Sutliff have been vigorously promoting pipe tobacco, and if you contact Altadis, they will send you a free sample tin. It's been their choice of the 3 dozens blends, but maybe if you specify MD, they will send it.
hp

les

billm67

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Camp Hill, PA
I got my first tin this way. All of the tobacco shops in my area that I have checked with say they don't like dealing with Altidis....so they don't carry their products. I checked with three shops in my area and they all said the same thing.

frennchy11

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 28, 2011
http://www.marscigars.com/sutliffprivatestock-maplestreet-2.aspx

I think this should help but they look like they are out of stock

Status
Not open for further replies.