PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
Ok so I've been smoking mostly vapers and latakia blends, but have tried Davidson's Danish Mixture which was a nice smoke early when I was first trying things. Not sure I want a really artificial tasting smoke, hated Lane Hazelnut... so any good blends that are based on a good cavendish...
I like what cavendish adds to a smoke. I guess Danish blends tend to be light aromatics based on Cavendish.
Any suggestions?

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Cavendish can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. If you're looking for a flavorful Cavendish aromatic that has some tobacco backbone to it, I would recommend Savinelli Cavendish. Pipeworks & Wilke blends are also excellent. While in the minority, I'm also a fan of Skandinavik Full Aroma - as with any Danish style aromatic, smoke it slowly.
If you mean blends buffered with unflavored Cavendish, English style blends with Cavendish, or old school Navy (rum) Cavendish blends, the recommendations would obviously be very different.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Sutliff Mountain Pass is a nice Black Cavendish with as hint of custard topping....the Nola Pipe Club is reviewing this blend tonight and it's getting very high reviews...very smooth, no tongue bite, and great room note...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I want to try an up-market unflavored black Cavendish, but right now I am enjoying a bulk Cavendish from

Altadis, Dark Obsession. Several years ago, I had a great black and golden mixed Cavendish tobacco, but

I can't remember whose it was, maybe Cornell & Diehl. Dark Obession has a nicely subtle walnut flavoring.

It's dawned on me, no more than I smoke, I can probably spend another 30% without damage.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I've been smoking a cavendish that is quite different from any I've tried before. McClelland's #2025 English Cavendish, not an aromatic, and available in bulk. Kind of a dense broken flake, that is quite spicy and a little fruity. My wife thinks the tin note is like canned spiced peaches. That is something I remember from my childhood, but I don't know if they are still made. But still, a good description of the first impression of it's fragrance. A fairly mild smoke, not real strong, a nice pleasant smoke. Don't know what to compare it to, flavor wise, but I do like it. Note: it's kind of tough stuff, you have to rub it out quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.