PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoothsailing

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2013
Perth N.Y. (Adirondack area )
I was a heavy Cigarette smoker for many years and I have a few go to blends that fill the need

Dunhill Royal Yacht,Escudo Navy Deluxe,and Orlik Golden Sliced .

I'm trying to find a bulk brand that's similar to RY and little easier on the pocket.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
However....while Escudo is also sort of its own gold standard....maybe give Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bulls Eye Flake a try. Similar in format, perhaps a bit sweeter and a little less peppery. Worth a shot, and affordable in bulk.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
How much do you smoke?? When I go on a Royal Yacht binge, a tin lasts me 5-6 days. Figure $10 plus shipping on a tin, if you get it off the 'net, or about $20 retail in a high tax locale if they stock it. That's less ( or much less ) than the cost of a carton of good sticks in most locales per month.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I don't know, but RY seems to get a kick in the royal butt by many and often refereed to as 'Royal Yuck'. Personally, I rather enjoy it but I'm afraid that I can't give any good similar comparisons to it in bulk as it seems to have it's strange entity, as it were, all unto itself. The aforementioned Escudo and PS Luxury Bulls Eye Flake (although both are quite good) wouldn't even come close as they are both totally different tobaccos.

mrmotoyoshi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
Motoyoshi, Japan
Peterson's Perfect Plug is even more delicious than Royal Yacht, IMO of course. You may enjoy the 3 Ps if you are a fan of Royal Yacht. Alas, it's not in bulk.

smoothsailing

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2013
Perth N.Y. (Adirondack area )
How much do you smoke??

To be honest I haven't kept track just seems the tin is always empty.

it seems to have it's strange entity, as it were, all unto itself.

This is why I enjoy it so much ,it's gentle on the palate so I can keep it packed all day and has a decent dose of Vitamin N to keep me satisfied.

I'll try a few of the above recommended blends in my next order and see if anything catches my interest.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.