PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
What is this great attraction that we have with pipes.Lately I've been looking at pipes online.Some of them really look good.One in particular caught my eye.It's priced $400.I have enough pipes.I don't need another one.I don't have the money to buy it anyway.If did have that kind of money I should be buying tobacco not pipes.Looking at tobacco online though doesn't have the same effect on me that looking at pipes does.What is this thing about pipes.I know I have enough pipes but I still want another one.In fact I actually want two more.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
With 27k people dying each and every day , children are dying of starvation and water borne diseases, and yet we keep on buying more and more stuff WE DON'T NEED.
:crazy:
It's a terrible affliction that plagues our society. :crying:

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
With 27k people dying each and every day , children are dying of starvation and water borne diseases, and yet we keep on buying more and more stuff WE DON'T NEED.

How sad, because it's true. I'm ashamed to admit that I'll think nothing of dropping bux on excess tobacco or a new pipe, yet I sometimes find myself being stingy with charities. It really goes beyond simply not buying what we don't need, but what we do with the money we don't waste. Food for thought, at least is is for me.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I see indulging my guilty pleasures as satisfying something I enjoy. Others benefit from my purchases; the manufacturer who employs people, the store I buy from and their employees and I can't forget the tax man who gets his cut on almost everything. The charities I donate to are almost exclusively local so I know how the money is being used.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Sometimes the itch must be scratched. But be careful dropping $400. Early on I bought plenty of pipes that I did not care for later and was glad that I did not spend that kind of money.

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
[:crazy:]
It's a terrible affliction that plagues our society.
And yet, few people seem to listen. In fact some dig up burls and waste at least half of them looking for the perfect block of wood that wont have a spot on them.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I am with papipeguy, I am doing my part to keep people employed and pumping money into thee economy, while deriving a great deal of pleasure. I worked hard for my money and take care of my responsibilities ( 2 kids in college with 2 more to send), so I have no guilt spending whatever I feel like on a 400 pipes or hundreds of dollars worth of tobacco.
If people feel they should give more to charity for their own personal satisfaction that is great, but don't try and make me feel guilty because I don't. If every government in the world took 20 percent off their military budgets, there would be no more hunger in the world and people would not be dying of preventable diseases. I pay enough in taxes as do the rest of us to end hunger and disease, just because the scumbag politicians piss away that money, it isn't my fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.