PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
I've seen a number of these German "hunter/hunting" estate pipes on eBay and Etsy. This one intrigues me because it has a newer replacement stem (Oom Paul-esque), plus the bid is only around $10. Any experience with these? I know they are sometimes novelties over real workhorses so I won't invest much. This particular seller claims to normally restore his puppies before selling, but thinks this one is fine us without cleaning. What would I use to polish the metal if I won it? Listing: http://m.ebay.com/itm/German-Bruyere-Garantie-Style-Smoking-Pipe-/231840250319?nav=SEARCH
Thanks for any input.
$_3.JPG

$_3.JPG

Welcome to the Forum! Fixed thread title, please see rule number 9. Pertinent portion: Please capitalize words in the thread titles. Thank you, Robert.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Beware, none of the pictures show the pipe disassembled. If it won't come apart there is no way to clean whatever might have built up in those bends. I'd ask for a picture of the pipe disassembled otherwise you might end up with a nice conversation piece.

michaelmirza

Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Good call, Gloucesterman! Thank you. I messaged the seller and he promptly sent a picture of the pipe disassembled. The tenon looks a little grimy but other than that it seems fine. Shouldn't be too hard to clean out.

michaelmirza

Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Tuold, I could see how that might be true, but probably not much more than any other nosewarmer. Plus that windcap could help.

Status
Not open for further replies.