papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
DSCN0754.jpg

DSCN0752.jpg

DSCN0751.jpg

DSCN0749.jpg

Went rummaging through some old boxes today and found this little treasure trove. 2 Ben Wades (1 made in England and 1 made in Denmark), a Hirschl & Bendheim cob made in Washington,Mo. and a Harcourt 6160 hand carved beauty in addition to my favorite all-time blend from Lane Ltd (Looks to be about 6 bowls left in the tin). These were packed away when we moved to Bethlehem, Pa 19 years ago. It feels like a family reunion.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
It looks to me like you only have closing tags, make sure that the image url is hugged tightly by opening and closing tags

['img]picture URL [/img] minus the apostrophe which I used to trick the forum into not displaying an image since // didn't work
can't wait to see your pipes!

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Nice finds! Glad you got the pictures working, as for opening and closing tags, quick HTML lesson, tags tell the browser what to do ['img] is an opening tag and go in front of the text you want to modify, closing tags ['/img] go on the end of the text and effectively tell the browser that the operation is finished. minus all the apostrophes of course.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
A little explanation of what I posted may be in order. The Harcourt is supposed to be made by Preben Holm for Dunhill as their counter to the Danish pipes of that era.As

for the Ben Wades; the one on the left was made in Denmark and the one on the right is made in England.

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
HA HA That is awesome!! I love moments like that!!! Congrats!!! Those are some nice looking pipes...

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Great find. I have a couple Ben Wade Danish Prides, didn't Preben Holm have an association with the Ben Wade line when it was in Denmark? Hope that tobacco aged gracefully.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Can we get a shot of the top of the canister? It looks to have a weird opening mechanism on it. Kinda like a pull tab but not. Also, let us know if that Highland blend is as good as you remember it.
-Jason

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Dang that Harcourt is out and out one of the prettiest things I've ever seen.

Haha couldn't you have made me this green for St. Patty's day?

Status
Not open for further replies.