PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I bought a African Block Meer and a pipe rack from lonestar awhile back. If anyone has wondered if they should buy pipes from him, the answer is YES. He kindly allowed me to get the cheapest shipping possible(it took almost two weeks), but the wait was worth it. I came home today from a really busy day at work to a package addressed to me sitting on the kitchen table. I knew what it was right away. I opened it and began taking the packing out and saw something. There was a pipe! But it wasn't the pipe I bought. With it was a note saying "Happy birthday, Merry Christmas, etc. I thought you would like this". Well He was right. Not only do I appreciate the gift, but I love the shape. The bowl is huge, I can fit my thumb in it. I have fat thumbs so thats saying something. It has a badge on the top of the shank that says Rossi. On the side its stamped Something I can't read Rossi, and under that its stamped Visconte, then its stamped 252 Italy under that. I just thought that he deserved public thanks for this. The people on this forum are some of the nicest people around. So again, thank you. I have yet to smoke either pipe since i was hanging out with my girlfriend, but I plan on smoking thee meer later. I've never smoked a meer before, so I'm pretty excited. Heres some pictures. My camera on my phone sucks so I stole your photos lonestar. I hope you don't mind.
The meer

pipesup045.jpg

The rack

pipesup108.jpg

pipesup109.jpg

The Rossi

476080_364399523581382_100000340116388_1281374_1352589706_o.jpg

472138_364402240247777_100000340116388_1281379_68270197_o.jpg

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Very cool to get more than is promised. I have often been pleasantly surprised by trades on this forum.
Winton

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
I have had the privilege to buy a few pipes from Lonestar and all have been excellent pipes and superb deals..... I plan on buying him a beer or 2 when we meet at the Chicago Pipe Show in May!!!
Nice touch with Uberam3rica!!

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
The other stamping you can't read is likely Nino.
Great looking pipe! I have bought a couple of pipes from Lonestar and we've come to talk quite a bit from those transactions. I bought a Rinaldo, which is now Cyndi's pipe, and a Ser Jacopo Hawkbill. Both excellent pipes and have become favorites.

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
I have often been pleasantly surprised by trades on this forum.

But yeah, this forum is a pretty solid bunch of guys & gals.

Ditto on both. In the past I was a member of other forums regarding other topics. Now I only belong to pipesmagazine and one other pipe forum. I find pipe folks to be laid back, good natured, open, and sharing. Must be the smoke!

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Absolutely Mick, some of the best folks I know. I for one am Proud to be a member here. But those Texas guys are awesome, any way you look at it.

pufferissimo

Might Stick Around
Jan 20, 2012
Hey all,
Uber, thanks for posting this, I also wish to post my gratitude to Lonestar formy recent joy of having the Whitehall - Suffolk Prince pipe all the way to Indonesia!
Not only that the pipe came with very decent packaging (filled with those bubble stuff), but he also included other cool surprises!. I'll post some pics (hopefully soon).
Lonestar rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.