Lone Star Pipe Club (DFW) Meetup - THIS THURSDAY!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireandoil

Lurker
Nov 19, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
This month, the (newly-named) Lone Star Pipe Club is meeting over in west Fort Worth (all you Weatherford folks - you're welcome) at Fort Worth Lone Star Cigars and Lounge at 7pm!
http://fwlonestarcigars.com/
They don't have much in the way of pipe stuff (we're getting used to that, right?) but they have a really nice lounge and, if the weather cooperates, a killer patio. Alcoholic beverages are BYOB (though they have sodas, I believe) and be sure to bring a little cash to tip the staff if you're not buying cigars.
We'll be sharing tobacco (I've got a whole slew of latakia blends to share this month in particular), talking website and club news, and hanging out. Come if you can, even if you come late. We'll be there.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Ah hell. I thought you were starting a club for people who own one of my pipes :crying: Thats not fair. Bill Shalosky has his own fan club..
I'd actually love to make it but I don't have time for anything but work from now until the Chicago Show.

stapf

Lurker
Jan 22, 2015
I need to try to make the drive up. Our attempts to get something started at Tobacco Cabana in Cedar Hill have been mixed. I was the only one to show up at the last one, although the first one had 14 people. We'll see if anyone else shows up at their pipe night tonight.

fireandoil

Lurker
Nov 19, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
The Lone Star Pipe Club (formerly DFW Pipe Club) is meeting tomorrow!
This month, we're going to be in the mid-cities for our meetup. Taboo Cigar Bar & Lounge is in North Richland Hills near the North East Mall and, while they're a cigar joint, they DO have a fairly extensive bar selection and can make a mean cocktail, or so I'm told.
Join us when you can, leave when you have to. We're keeping it informal. Message me if you have any questions.
Hope to see you there.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Do you always do Thursday meets? I'm a couple of hours out, and would like to attend sometime. However a day besides Friday or Saturday evening just doesn't work for obvious reasons.

B

stapf

Lurker
Jan 22, 2015
I think I'm going to make this one.
pipebow88 and others who might want a SAT meet, would you come to Cedar Hill? If so, I'll talk to the folks at Tobacco Cabana. I have tried to get something going there, but it has been hit or miss on weeknights.

fireandoil

Lurker
Nov 19, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
We do generally meet on Thursdays but we're discussing adding in some weekend meetups. There's a lot of interest in that so we're gonna figure out how to make it happen. It would allow us to do cookout meetups or whiskey pairing meetups as well... and that sounds awesome to me!

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
Are you guys, ahem, ya'll still meeting? I would like to join you sometime.

fireandoil

Lurker
Nov 19, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
Hey guys, sorry for the delay. We've been meeting every month like clockwork. To stay up to date, it's best to follow on Facebook either here:
https://www.facebook.com/LoneStarPipeClub
or here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/750649084989017/
I'll be posting up the next event either tonight or tomorrow. It'll be at Taboo on the 12th, though.

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
The event is one week away, who is going? I will be there so I hope to meet some of you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.