PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
My most recent e-bay purchase came in the mail today. The shank reads "London Squire" on one side and "Made in London England" on the other side of the shank. I searched around a bit and could not find any information on this brand or pipe. If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it.
My new Estate:

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats on your new pipe. I do not know much about the maker. I've seen them a lot on ebay and my guess is that it's a budget pipe from back in the day. Still, there's a good chance it's an excellent smoker and it is a nice looking pipe too, nice grain.
With luck someone here will have more useful info for you.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What an interesting shape, with that bulldog shank and a bowl that is not quite apple and not quite billiard,

and that straight saddle stem. A little polishing should bring up that grain even more. English pipes at

all price levels tend to be sturdy smokers, nice drawing and cool burning. Wish I could help on the history

of it.

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
I have really enjoyed smoking this the last two days. Really great draw and smokes very cool. Stem was black when I got it but the oxidation pops up pretty quickly. Very happy with the pipe just wish I knew a bit of its history.

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
This really has turned out to be a good smoker. My attempts to find out some of this pipe's history were all futile. The bowl is very big but has turned out to be perfect for cube cut flakes.

protestantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 20, 2013
Yep, just plain old normal, no color or flavors, Chapstick for your lips, Chapstick. Put it on after each smoke, stem stays black.

lincolnsbark

Apr 11, 2013
Thanks for the tip [no pun intended]. I have just come in to a number of vulcanite stems so that will go to good use.

protestantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 20, 2013
NP. I'm sure guys on here have a lot of ways to do it, but that works on my Petersons and Dunhills like a charm. It won't stop the oxidation, but it will stop it from looking so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.