PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
Heading to London for some meetings next month. I will be there February 6 to 11.
I want to pick up some Revor Plug and some Warrior Plug and anything else interesting (save for Condor - sorry Simon!).
What is a good tobacco shop to visit? I will be staying at the Savoy which is centrally located near Covent Garden.
Anything else worth doing that is pipe related?

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Fox, St. James Street. A wee, museum like shop, as in the US, more cigar oriented than pipe but worth the visit. Mostly the staff is cigar knowledgeable. There was one pipe guy two years ago and he should be able to direct you on your blend search. Sorry, can't remember his name.
Millville stall in the St. James Market. Worth the walk just to talk with John Marshall. Used to be Tuesday through Saturday.
Dunhill store, St James Street. Not so much anymore. Last time there, it was still a good place for cigars. It's in the St. James area so might be worth the visit, particularly if you need a new pair of cufflinks or some such.
I believe Fox is the oldest licensed tobacconist in London.
Hope this helps! Enjoy London, I always do. Great walks! Even for old beat up knees like mine.

K

klause

Peck, take a peek into Segar and Snuff In Covent Garden.
Sadly, not as vibrant as it once was, but still has an old world ambiance about it.
If you go, say a quiet hello from me - it's been a while :)

Status
Not open for further replies.