PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2015
The only local cigar store (Spring Street Cigars) in my hometown started selling pipes and pipe tobacco today. They have always been a really cool cigar shop but since I have started smoking a pipe I have had to drive at least 100 miles or use the internet. Since it was their first day with pipes they were offering 20% off all pipe sales. I have been wanting a Savinelli Bings Favorite so I grabbed one to show my appreciation for their local business. In these days of uncertainty about the pipe industry I thought this was a positive sign. Below is the new pipe.
img_4560-459x600.jpg

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Nice! I've always liked the refined look of the Bing-style billiards, regardless of the maker. Very classy.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
That's awesome that the store has begun to stock pipe stuff! On a related note, my local shop has always had a good, not great selection of pipes/tobacco, but they've just begun carrying Samuel Gawith blends.
Good news all around! Nice pipe btw.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've been on Forums since 2013, and this is the first time I've heard of a cigar shop adding pipes and pipe tobacco. You did the right thing to jump in with a pipe purchase. What town are you in? Anyone heading through ought to stop and give them encouragement and maybe buy something. This is a rare but pleasant occurrence.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I've been on Forums since 2013, and this is the first time I've heard of a cigar shop adding pipes and pipe tobacco.
I suppose this is the market talking: pipes are now profitable as well as cigars, where before they were considered a legacy product and loss leader if anything.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
@johnbarleycorn: Glad to hear it! I'm maybe about 90 miles from Tupelo and have been driving down to Country Squire in Jackson, which is about the same driving time for me, so I'll have to come up to visit Tupelo sometime.
Is there a rule of not naming a city and store name of a pipe shop on the forums? I find that at times folks talk about a B&M but you have no idea where they are. Such was the case here. Until someone asked, I would have had no idea it was within driving distance for me. I think it would be nice to name the city and store name when talking about your experience there so others that live close enough could support it. Yes, No?

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I myself do, but I can see where some would not due to privacy concerns. I am a big booster of my locals here in Tucson, AZ- Anthony's Cigar Emporium and Crescent Tobacco Shop and Newsstand. Probably a bit of a drive for you, though!

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I get it aldecaker, notice how I didn't mention my hometown? heh, heh. On the other hand, if you don't know their name or address, doesn't seem too big a risk. It was just a thought I wanted to mention.

So anyone wan't to come see me in Duck Hill MS, I'll be waiting for you with a pipe and some baccy, or a gun depending on what your intentions are. :mrgreen:

Dec 28, 2015
@Orley: just so you know Country Squire is a great pipe store that carries cigars. Spring Street cigars is a great cigar store that now carries pipes. You should still visit but just wanted to make sure that was clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.