PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
A big thank you t the forum member that posted their Black Friday sale and gave them a good plug.
I am in Pipe Tobacco Nirvana. I have enjoyed smoking a pipe for 3-4 years now but I never knew it could be this good!
If you haven't looked at L.J.Peretti's, I recommend that you do.
I just got done smoking a nice bowl of Tashkent down to a beautiful white ash. It was possibly one of the most perfect 30 minutes I ever spent with a pipe.
Tashkent is a rich, yet mild English blend with Izmir, Turkish and Latakia. I plead ignorance on what Izmir is... great smoke. Anyone else ever smoke it?
I have also been quite pleased with Tropical Fruit, Oxford Flake and 333. I have eight more blends on the way. The perique in the oxford flake smelled so good, I could not resist chewing on it... I have never had that happen.
Anyone have a favorite L.J.Peretti's blend?

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
1072 is a great American style burley blend. Oriental #40 is a great heavy Latakia. And #8 Slices is a great ??? (have no idea how to classify that one)

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I tried maybe 6-8 blends of theirs early on and didn't really like any of them. Granted, they were all aros though.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
Peretti's blends that i have tried have all been of excellent quality and smoked great. You can't help but love the history. :puffy:

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Cuban Mixture is awesome. I thought Tashkent tasted a lot like the now unproduced C&D blend Oriental Express. A good blend but I prefer the Cuban Mixture myself.

firehosen

Lurker
Dec 12, 2015
I have tried a few from them so far; Crown, a light latakia blend, a burley (300 I think? 301?) and a couple aromatics. They pretty much hit all the bases with their variety. Not all were my cup of tea but you can tell were still done right. Whatever your particular taste is they are bound to have at least something to hit the spot for you.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
This week they are having a 10% off everything sale for a limited time only. They email the coupon code to their subscribers, so get on their list. I picked up an additional 8 ounces of six different Peretti blends. I now have over a pound of every single non-aromatic Peretti blend in my cellar. I also purchased a tin of Esoterica Margate, Pembroke, and And So To Bed. I have never tried Esoterica blends before, so this is a first for me.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If I have the story correct, Izmir is one Turkish leaf, low on nicotine but flavorful, and is a popular blending leaf. I think C&D sells it (or used to) as a blending tobacco. It lends nice balance to blends and can be blended with higher nic leaf if desired.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Tashkent is a rich, yet mild English blend with Izmir, Turkish and Latakia. I plead ignorance on what Izmir is... great smoke. Anyone else ever smoke it?
My favorite from them ... a truly great smoke. :puffy:
If I have the story correct, Izmir is one Turkish leaf
Yes sir ... Turkish / Oriental and a tasty one at that! :)

lasttango

Sep 29, 2012
I'm excited about this sale! I am going to grab an 8 ounce tin of Tashkent...
and...
I did just try the D7485... it is great... reminded me of the Tashkent, but a bit smoother.
Anyone have any personal experience with their 2-3 lines of pipes that they sell? (the peretti line of pipes?)

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo lasttango
re "Anyone have any personal experience with their 2-3 lines of pipes that they sell? (the peretti line of pipes?)" - old man Peretti used to personally carve way back when. My first pipes in the '60s were Perettis. They have a number of grades and now the sources vary from year to year. I get one or two of these every year when I visit up there, whenever a shape catches my eye. Some of them have become excellent puffers, and they are all pretty good. I've also scored some estate Perettis. All of these have been quite good values.
hp

les

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
You can see on their website that their Peretti pipes were/are now made by Ashton and Briar Works. Not sure about their former line of pipes, but I have a few and they are well made.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Love Peretti. their tobaccos are top notch, and a trip to the store is worth a whole day. Far and away my favorite is Royal, so much Oriental goodness. I'm also a pretty big fan of Tashkent, D-9507, Pride of Loch Lomond and Dundee.

lasttango

Sep 29, 2012
Les, that is so cool! Thanks.
They have this $50 deal where you get one of their "Bostonian" pipes, any two different ounces, a pipe tool and a pouch in one of their "Famous" cans... what a cool starter package for someone.
I grabbed 8 ounces of the D-7485 and I must say that this is a nice mild English... no bite... an all day smoke... love it...
The Yuletide blend smells great - not too strong on the aromatic side.
I thought they were doing a discount - never received the newsletter. Is there a 10-15% off code right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.