PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Great review. I love the history of Peretti and I love that they are still going strong. The presentation of the tobacco is stellar and looks aesthetically similar to W.O Larsen's $1,000.00 blend minus the box, so at $20 it looks very appealing. Unfortunately for myself, I don't care too much for Peretti blends. I've tried over a dozen blends from their line up and most of them were underwhelming to my palate and are just too mild for my personal taste. I do enjoy Original Mixture and No Name but not on a regular basis. I am very glad that they do have their fans and I wish them the best for their ongoing business.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Thanks for the great review.

I like Peretti's Thanksgiving Day but I only smoke it at Thanksgiving for reasons similar to your review. It's a great blend of mainly high quality Peretti burleys. I first picked some up in 2011 and stuffed the pressed cake into a wide-mouth half-pint Kerr jar. I still have much of it left and it's been the same since day 1.

Definitely worth trying if you like burleys or just want a special Thanksgiving blend.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Very nice, well written review. I am smoking this currently, it’s a nice mix of toasty Burley, meaty Virginia’s and nice touch of aromatic topping, perfect for company!

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
I just received my L.J. Peretti's 2017 Thanksgiving Day blend cakes and looking forward to indulging this weekend. Thanksgiving is but a memory in Canada, but I will be smoking some of this blend, drinking some Scotch, smoking some meat in the smoker and watching our CFL Grey Cup football.
Temps are above 0C right now, a nice change from -10C - -20C this past week or so.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like Thanksgiving Day blend somewhat more than Kyle the reviewer does. Lasttango generously sent me an ample package of this, just as I was venturing back into milder blends including some aromatics, to set off my well-enjoyed non-aromatic rotation. TD is burley based with Virginia, flavored with anisette, fruit, citrus and rum. If you're coming to it from Nightcap, Billy Budd, and Old Joe Krantz, it will certainly seem tame at first, but the burleys and flavorings are expertly joined, and come up gradually and subtly to please the smoker. Unlike the reviewer, I have come back to this regularly. It's not quite "in rotation," but it is a frequent change-of-pace, even with several other milder and/or aromatic blends on hand. It remains a treat, and this review reminds me to pack it again while the holiday is upon us, and on through the season. Actually, this is a pleasing hot weather blend as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.