Little Surprise From The Wife- Pipe Photo!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
While visiting the Chattanooga Pipe Show, I picked up a couple of pipes. Little did I know that the wife had secretly bought me one for our anniversary. My wife likes pipes for aesthetic reasons, I like that and how well they smoke. She is drawn to unique pipes and got this one for me.
It is in wonderful shape, with just a thin layer of cake. Someone really took great care of this pipe. It is also very old as LHS went out of business in the late 50's or early 60's.
LHS Certified Purex Bavarian (Cavalier Shape)

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I'm not normally a fan of the cavalier but I like that one. Very nice. It looks like it could hang nicely.
Does it smoke any different and does it use a "well" system there at the bottom?

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I am with you as for not being a huge Cavalier fan(especially the Dunhill version). This one with the light briar, polished accents and bent stem are attractive. I just got it last night and have not smoked it. I did a pipe cleaner pass and getting to the bowl is very easy with a slight bend on the tip of the cleaner. It does have a well at the bottom, you just have to remove the end cap(also an easy pass for a cleaner). It even still has the original gasket.
Going to smoke it tonight.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Vorhees
While I too am not a fan of that particular shape, it looks close enough to an oom Paul that I wouldn't refuse it! :)
Seriously though, how nice and thoughtful of your wife to get you that pipe
Good for you and I hope it smokes well or you

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
That is a beautiful pipe, let us know how she smokes.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Very nice, and thoughtful too. I have never had the pleasure of smoking a cavalier. Hope you enjoy it!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's the pipe to take to pipe shows for a smoke. It's sure to generate conversation. I would be

unlikely to buy this pipe for myself, but as a gift, it is terrific, memorable and possibly a great smoke.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I just spent the last hour smoking the Cavalie with some C&D Lunchtime Blues, a VaBur w/ orientals according to the description. The pipe smoked nice and cool. The well did have moisture in it, just as intended. Overall a pleasant smoker.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Very interesting. I love different looking pipes and that one has a very cool old school look to it. And I don't really see that many cavaliers these days, great find. Your wife did good!

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. I know you will always have good memories since it was a gift from your wife.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That a win-win deal voorhees. Congrats on a great pipe and a very thoughtful wife!

Status
Not open for further replies.