PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Those Little League games can be riveting. With the very young kids, the play is so uneven, they can go from amazingly good to comical in seconds. But with the Little League players, often the play is so steady and competent, and even dazzling, it bears watching. They'll draw you in for hours. Great coaching and supportive adults too. The lessons those kids get for the art of the game, but also for all kinds of life situations too, is substantial.

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
I saw a vignette on the New York team before the play-off game against Tennessee. It was quite touching and apparently the team has made quite an impact on the community.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Shoot, I forgot to watch the finals. I have been watching the ESPN evening game each night; however, it slipped my mind to watch the championship game. Way to go New York.

beenjammin

Lurker
Jul 15, 2016
Was a great game and is always a good time, but, as someone who lives near Williamsport, thank God it's over!

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I was wondering how South Korea treats losers with concern for the boys... I hope it's unfounded. They all played awesome and intense games!
I live in South Williamsport about 2 miles from the LL complex. I walk my dog at the South Williamsport Recreational Complex just about every day. The Rec Complex borders the LL complex and the southern most layer turns into a gigantic "stadium parking" area for the LLWS. There are several regulation LL ball diamonds in the park and I always enjoy watching the teams that come down there to do their warm-ups and practices. All the teams are awesome and I am impressed every year by their intensity, skill, and professionalism... and for little kids!! Amazing! Me and the dog were walking by when the Korean teams was there warming up... they were doing what I call "outa da park" drills where they posted all their outfielders outside the fence... and then from that to defensive strategy drills... they were on it like clockwork and it was super-impressive.
Finally, one of my biggest thrills each year at the LLWS are the Blimps!! My house is right under their pattern... they fly over so close I can see the pilot blowing his nose! Alas, there was no Goodyear Blimp this year... the contract seemed to go to the Direct TV blimp... which was a flying light show in the evenings! First night of that, taking the dog out for his midnight constitutional, I thought it was flippin UPO and the aliens were finally coming to get us!

csharp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2015
Just got back from NYSEG stadium and the B-Mets game. The ME/Mid Atlantic team was on hand and was honored pre game.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Jerwynn when I said
I used to live in Kore, so sorry for them
I meant
I used to live in Korea, so (therefore) I am really sorry for their loss
Sorry for saying it the wrong way. They don't treat losers, literally they pretend that nothing has happened. That's why they are trying so hard and I can assure you that they are going to train more to win next time.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
The missed stories are how Japan and Mexico, usually very strong and dominant teams, were eliminated so early on.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
jvnshr, thanks for the clarification. Sometimes with the intensity that teams and their families and backers go into the LLWS, it's not a long shot to be concerned about such things... we've all seen over-zealous coaches/managers/families in children's sports. I think LL is one of the best institutions in the world to keep things in perspective.
Pagan, when I was making my dog-walking rounds at the Rec Complex during the LLWS, I passed through earlier in the series as the Japanese team was warming up. I was instantly struck that they seemed like a smaller, greener, and younger team than they had fielded in previous years. Just an impression. Still, they had awesome esprit d corps and enthusiasm!

Status
Not open for further replies.