PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakeb9

Lurker
Jul 20, 2015
VIrginia
Up here in the mountains of Southwest Virginia there is not much to do on a Tuesday night. So i called up my high school buddy to try my MM and he loved it. So tonight him and i sat in rocking chairs and had a 2 hour smoke session. I had my trusty Dr. Grabow pipe in hand and some Mac Baren Vanilla Cream in my pipe. Poured some coffee and sat. Nothing like sitting on the porch with one of your buddies listening to the crickets and staring at the stars and reminiscing about the old days. I will stand by this when i say, Pipe smoking brings people together. Weather it be your childhood best friend or a complete stranger it will bring you closer.
Blake

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Down here in Cajunland it's frogs, when the Mosquitos are not buzzing it's a symphony of croaks, and after a light shower of rain it's a crecendo, know the feeling and it soothes the nerves.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Waylon was a Cricket for a short time during his career.
First thing I thought of when I saw the thread title was Buddy Holly & the Crickets. I'll bet for the rest of his life Waylon never forgot the night he gave up his seat on that plane.
Around here you can frequently hear the long moanful howl of a Red Fox kit, sometimes followed by it's mother scolding it.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
Way down here in SwampWest Florida, well, I'd LIKE to say I listen to the Big Base Bellows From Tha Bull Alligator!

But actually, it's just frogs and mosquitos like the Old Cajun.
Plugugly

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Two weeks ago here on the North Carolina Piedmont, we had a little tree frog outside our bedroom window with an operatic voice. He went to town for five or six days full throated. Apparently his lady love, or probably several, found their way to his perch and propagated a new set of tadpoles, and for now, it's all quiet on the Western Front. I sure miss the owls I had for a while across the street in a creek bottom. That is a gorgeous call.

jiujitsubowl

Can't Leave
May 19, 2015
Muskegon Michigan
Here in Muskegon Michigan, its the sitting on the dunes and listening to the waves of Lake Michigan batter the shoreline. And a beautiful sunset/star filled sky evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.