Pipes Magazine » General Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Listening to Music and Smoking Pipes

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

smetz06

Login to Send PM

Thought I would try playing an instrument and pipe smoking at the same time. Its really hard to do both activities at the same time, however it was fun. Played a tune on the piano while smoking an aromatic creme brule blend from my local pipe shoppe - Monte's pipes and cigars / lounge

Edit: Removed link, L.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

smetz06

Login to Send PM

Also the pipe you see in the video is my first hand carved pipe I made out of a block of briar wood. I am going to carve more soon. You can check out my pipe carving videos on my youtube channel. Thanks for watching / replying.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. allan

allan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have not tried smoking and playing piano at the same time. I guess its easier than playing trumpet and smoking at the same time

you are quite a talented guy. I don't know that piece,is that a composition of yours? In F# minor, I believe.

Allan

Allan
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

smetz06

Login to Send PM

Hey Allan, The piece is an arrangement of a song called airplanes by B.O.B. featuring Haley Williams. F#m is correct. Do you play trumpet? That would be quite a feat and would probably make for a good viral youtube vid! Thanks allan

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. allan

allan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Classical trained musician for trumpet. Dream was to play in the NY Philharmonic...

Now a jeweler. My 2 oldest friends are still trumpet players in the business and boy am I happy I got out of it.

Had my 15 minutes of fame 35 plus years ago.

Allan

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Classical trained musician for trumpet

all hail Maurice Andre

Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe. Nowhere else could things be more messed up.

Does a culture based on separation and competition, of scientific sophistication and mideval religion, offer happiness even as it ravishes the Earth that sustains it?
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. rev413

rev413

Login to Send PM

I was a french horn back in my high school days, but not anymore. Now I just play either my acustic bass or guitar, and yes I can do it with a pipe in my mouth. Its not so bad once you get the hang of it.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   darwin, weeirv, jiminks