PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smetz06

Lurker
Feb 10, 2013
Thought I would try playing an instrument and pipe smoking at the same time. Its really hard to do both activities at the same time, however it was fun. Played a tune on the piano while smoking an aromatic creme brule blend from my local pipe shoppe - Monte's pipes and cigars / lounge
Edit: Removed link, L.

smetz06

Lurker
Feb 10, 2013
Also the pipe you see in the video is my first hand carved pipe I made out of a block of briar wood. I am going to carve more soon. You can check out my pipe carving videos on my youtube channel. Thanks for watching / replying.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I have not tried smoking and playing piano at the same time. I guess its easier than playing trumpet and smoking at the same time :)
you are quite a talented guy. I don't know that piece,is that a composition of yours? In F# minor, I believe.
Allan

smetz06

Lurker
Feb 10, 2013
Hey Allan, The piece is an arrangement of a song called airplanes by B.O.B. featuring Haley Williams. F#m is correct. Do you play trumpet? That would be quite a feat and would probably make for a good viral youtube vid! Thanks allan

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Classical trained musician for trumpet. Dream was to play in the NY Philharmonic...
Now a jeweler. My 2 oldest friends are still trumpet players in the business and boy am I happy I got out of it.
Had my 15 minutes of fame 35 plus years ago.
Allan

rev413

Might Stick Around
Jan 10, 2013
I was a french horn back in my high school days, but not anymore. Now I just play either my acustic bass or guitar, and yes I can do it with a pipe in my mouth. Its not so bad once you get the hang of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.