Tags:  No tags yet. 

List Your Other Hobbies / Interests

(574 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by hobie1dog
  • Latest reply from saint007
  1. hnryclay

hnryclay

Login to Send PM

I enjoy angling with fly equipment, photography, and golf. Included below are a few images I have captured.

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

hnryclay: Post up some more pics for us....wow, those are great. Any fly fishing photo's?

Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe. Nowhere else could things be more messed up.

Does a culture based on separation and competition, of scientific sophistication and mideval religion, offer happiness even as it ravishes the Earth that sustains it?
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. ichbinmuede

ichbinmuede

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Heck I almost forgot that I recently started acquiring straight razors. I would have forgotten entirely if I hadn't just come back from the flea market with some. Thanks to building a good rapport with one of the antiques guys there I just came back with five that he practically gave me for $15 (!!!). Of course two have broken blades but one of those has a real nice handle that I'm sure I could attach to another and one would need a fair amount of work to bring up to shaving condition. But 15$!

"Enjoy every sandwich." -Warren Zevon
    Best advice that I've ever heard.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  4. pufferissimo

pufferissimo

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

I do Capoeira, belonged to Grupo Capoeira Cordao de Ouro Indonesia under CM Papa-Leguas :

I love knives, at the moment got myself 2 Mora knives (546 and 711), owned a F1 Falkniven but it got stolen.
    My current project is building up my BoB (to include pipe smoking equipment, of course.

Love to travel as well, see my Flickr album : http://www.flickr.com/photos/44142193@N05/

thanks!

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. ulrich

ulrich

Login to Send PM

Aside from the obvious pipe smoking/collecting and acquiring what seems to be more tobacco than I'll ever smoke... I've recently taken up Krav Maga, it's pretty intense. I also have a love for backwoods camping. Recently I completed a week long canoe trip to the interior of Algonquin Provincial Park. Made myself a gorgeous campsite on Burnt Island Lake.

I'm also in school right now, working towards becoming a paramedic and a voracious reader.

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. spartan

Spartan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I fight with my wife all the time. Is that a hobby? I wouldn't recommend it. Expensive.

"I was born to lose. So I'll die to win." -Breaking Benjamin
    Posted 2 years ago #
  7. crpntr1

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I enjoy golf, woodworking, fishing & playing guitar, but above all the majority of my spare time goes to waterfowl hunting, blind prep, shooting practice & retriever training. Here's my retriever "chamois" on her first retrieve 7 years ago.

The most important things in life are good friends and a good bullpen...not necessarily in that order

You may all go to hell, I'll go to Texas-Davy Crockett
    Posted 2 years ago #
  8. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Labs are the Ultimate...thanks for the picture.

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

ulrich....nice canoe picture too.....something I've always wanted to do....but the last time I was in a canoe, my back let me know that I was too old for it.

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. mluyckx

Belgian Mick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Finally found this thread.

I enjoy cooking (my mom gets all the credit.. she was a culinary teacher and trained me well). And yes, I have cooked for as many as 124 people. I did a count that day Besides that, I enjoy camping, the outdoors, classical music and have one other collecting hobby: Belgian military decorations. It started with me inheriting all of my grandfather's military decorations of WW1 and WW2, including the Belgian equivalent of his Congressional Medal of Honor. I then decided to expand and try to get all of them. I'm nearly there Not that they're worth much, but it's fun hunting them down. The only ones mounted in a shadow box are my grandfathers. One of these days I need to make a box for the rest.

Here's one out there right now that is still missing from my collection, but I'm keeping a close eye on it.

Oh yeah, and I'm a history buff and as my better half says "A walking fount of useless trivia"

"The fact is, squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It's the poor man's friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth."
    -"Sam Slick, the clockmaker" aka T.C.Haliburton
    Posted 2 years ago #
  11. billinsfl

billinsfl

Login to Send PM

I have far too many hobbies and interests...

I shoot competitively with muzzleloaders and schuetzen rifles. I like old watches and cylinder phonographs, along with stone Indian artifacts, baseball cards, pocket knives (Northfield k nives are my favorite). I still ride a skateboard and collect those made in the '70's. Pipes, too..

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

bump for the new members...we have lots of them lately.

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. briarpipeboiler

briarpipeboiler

Login to Send PM

New member here.

Activities; I am a mountain biking freak, kayaking, fishing, camping, tennis, going to concerts, cooking. Used to work-out/lift a lot but now I just stay fit biking, kayaking, and playing tennis. Never played tennis competitively growing up as I was a baseball and soccer stud until college, but I always loved it back then and love it now.

I also play acoustic guitar. Played bass for ~10 yrs from 16 - 26 but gave that up and have been playing the acoustic for about 5 yrs. Music is my #1 passion in life aside from my family.

Other $$$ vices ala pipes; Semi-expensive watches (no more than $1K), framed music/concert art, big over-ear headphones, MP3 players, electronics in general, etc etc etc.

I also have a 6 year old Vizsla named Tessa, am married, and have a 2 y/o daughter who has been my main hobby for the past 22 months.

Life is good! Here's a pic of Tess...

Boiler Up! > Burn 'em down!
    Posted 2 years ago #
  14. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Great post, what headphones do you have?

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. logandow

logandow

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I recently took Aikido for a college class and found I really like it. Aside from that hunting, biking , playing paintball and airsoft and collecting pins which I put on my hats. Mostly WW2 German stuff and flags of Countries I have visited/want to visit.

A man without a pipe is a man unprepared
    Posted 2 years ago #
  16. chops

chops

Login to Send PM

I have had many hobbies and passions over time. Aikido and Archery being two of them. The ones I have stayed consistent with all involve the outdoors in some way. I kayak, hike, and backwoods camp. I have a real love for primitive and survival skills (bowdrill-making for fire, shelter-building from forest materials, tracking, etc). I help a few local ornithologists band Saw-whet owls and other migrating birds and collect data to study their patterns, health issues, etc. I also dabble in photography and writing.

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. User has not uploaded an avatar

bobby46

Probably Older Than You

Login to Send PM

Antique radios
    Electronics repair
    general antique collecting
    wood working
    reading
    history buff
    cooking

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. bryanhayn

bryanhayn

Login to Send PM

yo-yoing
    cycling (on-road)
    videogames (xbox live shooters, specifically Gears of War 3 and Call of Duty)
    music (listening, not producing) and hi-fi audio. I have somewhere near >600 CDs and two Technics 1200 turntables, also some Ultimate Ears, Shure, and Grado headphones.
    watches (Omega, Sinn, Seiko, Casio)

I'm trying to get into pistol shooting (as soon as I can get into a class and get my certification). I'm ex-Navy and received my pistol sharpshooter ribbon while I was in, but it doesn't count for anything once in the civilian world.

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. briarpipeboiler

briarpipeboiler

Login to Send PM

Great post, what headphones do you have?

Sennheiser HD 595

Sennheiser HD 280

Sony MDR-V6

...and I had some Bose Quiet Comfort 2's but they were stolen a couple years ago. Bastards!

The Senn 280's are noise cancelling and the Senn 595's are 'open-aire' design which means others can kindof hear them if they are near you. They are my home office 'phones, and are fantastic.

Also bought a little DIY amp off Ebay and that little thing really drives them for optimum sound. The Sony's and the 280's are kindof similar in sound and price, and both are great. The Sony's collapse a little better for transporting but the Senn 280 aren't that bad.

Posted 2 years ago #
  20. firstwordisee

firstwordisee

Login to Send PM

I have many hobbies. One of which is collecting old lures like this very early 1900's Heddon 200.

Posted 2 years ago #
  21. bentmike

bentmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Like a lot of you guys I have many hobbies. Something I've been involved with the past four years is amateur radio. My call sign is W8MDE. Although I entered the service in 2008 a year after Morse Code testing was dropped from all license exams Morse Code is precisely the mode I was most interested in. I taught myself the code using computer software and listening to live activity on the air. I operate mostly CW (continuous wave on-off Morse Code keying) on the High Frequency bands 20 meters (14 MHz), 40 meters (7 MHz) and 80 meters (3.5 MHz). In the time I have been active I have contacted other ham operators in all 50 states and over 40 different countries.

Another hobby of mine is woodworking. Here is a picture of a straight key I made using several different species of tropical hardwoods and some brass pieces from the local hardware. The key actually works and I have used it to transmit morse code and conduct many radiotelegraphy contacts on the air. Just like my pipe I made I have found great satisfaction in using something I built with my own two hands. I find it extra-cool when I can use one hobbie's skill set to make a piece of equipment used in another hobby.

Using Morse Code is a unique way to communicate and is a skill that has to be learned and perfected. The ability can't be purchased at a store and there are no shortcuts to proficiency. I do use other modes in ham radio like side band voice and digital modes but I am most proud of my accomplishments using radio's oldest method.

Posted 2 years ago #
  22. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Cool stuff, my brother in law is big into the ham radio stuff.

Posted 2 years ago #
  23. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

How do you think those Senn 595s would work for home recording? I need a good set of phones for editing and recording.

Proud Member of the Blackblood Society Photobucket
    Posted 2 years ago #
  24. bryanhayn

bryanhayn

Login to Send PM

^No, those Senns are bad for recording because they're "open", so they leak sound. Get the Sony MDR-V6...they're cheap, sound really good, and "closed", meaning they don't leak out much sound.

Posted 2 years ago #
  25. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Going to the Can Fest in Charlotte, NC tomorrow morning. Going to be shitloads of headphones there to listen to. There is also going to be a Vinyl Fest with lots of LP's.

Posted 2 years ago #
  26. User has not uploaded an avatar

vodomagoo

Login to Send PM

Fishing mainly surf fishing but back when I was in ny is was fly fishing and living in myrtle beach I golf a lot

Posted 2 years ago #
  27. havanarick

havanarick

Login to Send PM

I am really big into traditional archery, at the moment i am looking for a fletching jig(it holds the feathers so i can glue them onto the arrow shafts), so if anyone has one I have some good tobacco to trade for it!!

"The best place to smoke a pipe is under a no smoking sign"
    Posted 2 years ago #
  28. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Bump for the new members

Posted 2 years ago #
  29. checotah

checotah

Login to Send PM

@hobie1dog, thanks for bumping this. Hadn't seen it before.

I'm retired, so I don't have a lot of spare time. I volunteer as a business counselor, shoot Cowboy Action Shooting (hence my alias), participate in Old West re-enactments, ride my Harley, am a search/rescue pilot, futz around with woodworking, am just finishing a local community theatre play, and generally try to stay out of trouble with my wife.

Posted 2 years ago #
  30. barkar

barkar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Gamer
    Artist - oil painting

Keep your stick on the ice!....Barry....
    Posted 2 years ago #
  31. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Cool, let's see some pics of these activities.

Posted 2 years ago #
  32. grizzly86

grizzly86

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I love my guns! Working on them, shooting them, changing out parts, and reloading. I used to be a big MMO player, but I don't have time for that anymore with my other hobbies and spending time with my son. I also play pencil and paper Dungeons & Dragons every other week with a group of friends. Our main campaign has been going for five years now, but we also have a couple of smaller side games.

Posted 2 years ago #
  33. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

My old band used to have D&D nights. Typical metal dorks. I also like archery (recurve bow) and sword fighting, so I guess I'm an überdork. Shooting guns is therapeutic for me.

Posted 2 years ago #
  34. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Sword fighting......really?

I think I'd have to see some video of that

Posted 2 years ago #
  35. bentmike

bentmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Swartz Covered Bridge 1879

I like cycling and history. Today I combined the two and rode my bike to this bridge constructed of wood in 1879. The bridge spans the Sandusky River in eastern Wyandot County, Ohio.

In the past hundreds of covered bridges existed in Ohio. Now just a few are left.

Here's one of my pedal bikes. It's a recumbent bike from Germany designed for long distance touring.

Swartz Bridge Loop
    Distance: 50.16 miles
    Ride Time: 3:40:36
    Average Speed: 13.6 mph
    Max Speed: 23.3 mph

Posted 2 years ago #
  36. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

That is the strangest bike I've ever seen.

Posted 2 years ago #
  37. bentmike

bentmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Those bikes with the little tiny seats -Those are called wedgie bikes. If I'm going to be riding for more than a couple hours I like a comfy seat.

Once you start rolling it's just like any other bike. Just way more comfortable.

Posted 2 years ago #
  38. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

It looks like it would be very hard to get going on the style?

Posted 2 years ago #
  39. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I like movies..chess..books..novels..pipes..tennis..girls..women..milfs..

Posted 2 years ago #
  40. bentmike

bentmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've been riding all my life but only on recumbents for about 8 years or so. Bents have been around for over 100 years but back in the early 1900's they were banned from racing because they have a slight advantage aerodynamically. They have only started to come into popularity the last 30 years or so. I love it. No hand/wrist/elbow/shoulder/neck/butt pain like you get from an hour on a standard bike.

Posted 2 years ago #
  41. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Those are the very reasons I had to quit riding those uncomfortable bent over bikes.

Posted 2 years ago #
  42. bentmike

bentmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

There's a few trade-offs with the recumbent like you guessed it's a little tricky getting started from a stop, a wider turning radius and added expense because lesser demand keeps production quantities low and unit price up. Compared to standard bikes. But the comfort and great view more than make up the difference for me. On an upright bike after a while I'm suffering and just staring down at the road right in front of my wheel. The recumbent has really kept me excited about riding as I've gotten older. I average between 1 and 2K miles a year.

Posted 2 years ago #
  43. gnatjulio

gnatjulio

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I started homebrewing about a year and a half ago. I'1ve got six or seven 5 gallon batches under my belt. And im into video gaming on xbox360, ps3 and pc (Diablo 3 at the moment).

Posted 2 years ago #
  44. mrgunnar177

mrgunnar177

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

well I fly and build radio control airplanes, I enjoy reading, fishing, hunting, shooting, movies, women, playing jazz trumpet, learning guitar, hiking, rafting, canoeing, longboarding, when I get the chance surfing, gardening, and I cant think of anything else

You can buy education, but wisdom is a gift from God.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  45. guitarguy86

guitarguy86

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My main passion is music. Been playing for nine years. Been recording it for a little over a year.

Posted 2 years ago #
  46. fshu2

fshu2

Login to Send PM

i enjoy being outside.
    Backpacking
    Rock climbing
    Canoeing/Kayaking
    I fight MMA and when my hand fully heals Boxing again
    Lifting
    Chess
    and learning

Posted 2 years ago #
  47. ghost

ghost

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Guitar building/repair is where I'm at. I also have a small home recording set up, and have a one-man thrash/black metal band project. I'm working on a 2nd full length CD right now. I'm going to be using one of my home built guitars for the rhythm tracks. After that, I'm going to switch gears and guitars and work on a space/surf twang project that I've always wanted to do.

I also spend a lot of time in supposedly haunted houses, more often than not, nothing ever happens...

Matt.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  48. wayneteipen

wayneteipen

Login to Send PM

My number one hobby aside from pipe smoking and collecting is pipemaking. I also raise chickens, hike/backpack, play guitar, and scuba dive among other things.

Posted 2 years ago #
  49. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Let's see some of the pipes you have made Wayne.

Posted 2 years ago #
  50. morton

morton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

After reading this entire thread, I am amazed at the talent and diversity of my fellow pipe smokers! Besides collecting pipes to smoke and more tobacco brands and blends than I will ever finish, my hobbies include messing about with my antique Porsche 911 SC, riding my bikes - an HD FatBob for asphalt and a Kawasaki KLR 650 for everywhere and anywhere. I shoot and hunt and living in Canada affords some spectacular opportunities for both bird and big game hunting. I shoot IPSC and have a fair number of both semis and wheel guns but I really like my .357s and FINALLY acquired my holy grail - a matched set of Colt Pythons. I fish, both spinning and fly fishing. I rescue dogs and have given many trained, healthy dogs away to good homes but seem to be unable to give away Labs (see my avatar). I have 4 now and most days, they are a blessing. I brew beer for a living and have made it my mission in life to try every good food or booze that I can find. When I find the time, I cook or eat or sleep but think sleeping is highly over-rated. I also exercised once (for about fifteen minutes) but found I didn't care for it.

Be careful what you wish for, as you just might get it.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  51. morton

morton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

And THAT was my 50th post! I am free, finally free! Look out world, here I come!

Posted 2 years ago #
  52. rcstan

rcstan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Besides pipe smoking and my recently discovered Peterson PAD, I also indulge in cooking, playing video games ( on PS3 ) and lots of reading. When it's close to hunting season, I do a bit of practice shooting and reloading, hoping to find the time to take my first moose this year in September. When the mood strikes, I've been known to write poetry ...

As of the beginning of this year, helping take care of my daughter ( she recently turned 6 months and working on getting a second tooth ) has taken priority over my hobbies ( except for pipe smoking of course ..... we do that together of sorts, take stroller walks with Daddy pushing and smoking )....

Posted 2 years ago #
  53. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

excellent posts morton and rcstan

Posted 2 years ago #
  54. thatbeetleguy

thatbeetleguy

Login to Send PM

WOW! Everyone here has amazingly interesting and unique hobbies!

Anyhow, I am an entomologist (aka I study insects) as a career and hobby. Being an entomologist also allows me to do things that I like such as being out in the wilderness, traveling, enjoying nature, star gazing (when night collecting), exploring, and learning about the weird stuff in nature.

Other than that:
    -painting/playing miniature "war games" (Warhammer 40K, Warmachine)
    -drawing/sketching
    -reading (mostly comic books, myths, and fantasy)
    -playing role playing games (Dungeon and Dragons, Pathfinder, Star Wars Saga, Shadowrun, Champions)
    -Fishing (whenever I can)
    -Being a Star Wars fan
    -Costume building (although haven't finished a single one of them at all )
    -Being a collector of various things

“The fact is, Squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It’s the poor man’s friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth.”
    -Sam Slick, The Clockmaker
    Posted 2 years ago #
  55. oldmooner

oldmooner

Login to Send PM

I am an avid woodcarver and scrowlsawyer. I also do pictures in wood. I also read a lot. Even more since I purchased a "Kindle". I play chess, but I'm not good at it. I listen to my CD collection, and finally, I build plastic scale-model airplanes.

Posted 2 years ago #
  56. ghost

ghost

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

As an aside...I've noticed that among my long time friends, the ones that have some sort of non-work related hobby seem to be the most relaxed and level-headed, regardless of what they're into. I know my hobbies keep me focused and motivated. It's good to keep busy.

Find something you like to do and do it.

Posted 2 years ago #
  57. scurvydog

scurvydog

Login to Send PM

These are more like activites than hobbies. I fish a lot...in ocean (got my butt beat out there today)in river, or freshwater....anywhere! I also have been surfing for 33 years, and I only live a few miles from Atlantic. I also love to coach football, I coach a pop warner team in fall.

Posted 2 years ago #
  58. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I enjoy the following: Reading Science Fiction, Fantasy Novels, Alternative History Novels and Civil War Histories. I have been involved in the Antique and collecting life since I was a young boy. Started off with baseball cards and comic books and never looked back. I have a very large collection of Dinky and Corgi Model Cars 1/43 scale made in England. For many years I was a part time dealer in all sorts of antiques and collectibles. Basically anything I thought I could make a buck on. I like listening to all kinds of music. I enjoy going out to dinner for a good meal occasionally. Right now I am just getting used to a different kind of lifestyle and am enjoying it immensely! This is just the tip of the iceberg. I have many life experiences but they are for another day!

Posted 2 years ago #
  59. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Bump for all the new members to respond.

Posted 2 years ago #
  60. simnettpratt

simnettpratt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Computer games (NOT console games!), guitar, boomerangs (yes they come back, with the long distance ones, you can stand at one goal post and throw it around the other goal post, and it's just a stick), racing my Miata, chess, played paper D&D as the DM for many years, I know ALL the First Edition rules (Keep on the Borderlands, anyone?), shooting (I like sporting clays because the targets are moving and blow up when you hit 'em), fishing, hunting (only five times so far though; one squirrel, one rabbit), paintball (currently on hiatus, but look at my sweet smoke grenade in my avatar), building 1/72 WWII vehicles and aircraft, collecting knives, all things IT (hardware, software, Mac, Linux and Windows), pipe smoking, motorbikes (don't have one now though), beer, bourbon and scotch, traveling, being alone, most anything that is an adventure and produces adrenaline.
    Kilimanjaro, my personal longest distance boom; 65 yard diameter flight (204 yds in the air). It's a stick.
    My MTA (Maximum Time Aloft). Longest recorded flight: 17.5 minutes in the air.

PS The longest MTA throw ever was by a guy named Gary Broadbent at a school demo. It caught a thermal and flew away, and was found the next day 175 MILES away!!!

Posted 2 years ago #
  61. mick

Bulldog Mick

Login to Send PM

British comedy (love it!)
    Magic: the Gathering (mainly Online)
    Watching rugby and snooker

So many of these pastimes have become so infrequent after having become a father.

Just try one small bowl and you will forever more be a Grousemoor whore.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  62. roudoudou

roudoudou

Login to Send PM

I collect shares, as in stock equity!! I know: I'm some capitalist guy!
    Would you Americans believe but... I'me French!
    I take that from my grandpa, who used to smoke pipe (he died at 97, and my grandma still alive at 101!!!!!)

Like those boomerangs!

Posted 2 years ago #
  63. captainsousie

captainsousie

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My hobbies outside the pipe are computers/programming/games; music (guitar and tuba mostly); brewing beer and mead; and cars. I also dabble in other things like compulsively trying out for Jeopardy and woodworking. My current project car is a '79 Plymouth Volare Roadrunner edition sort of like this.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  64. gnatjulio

gnatjulio

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Oh crap!!! New hobby is whittling. Bought two flexcut blades off amazon and I have a crap load of practice wood (hehe) coming in the mail. The wife is gonna kill me.

Posted 2 years ago #
  65. macattack

macattack

Login to Send PM

4 years ago: cigars, fishing, gaming, drums, guitar, scale model building

a wife and 2 kids later: changing diapers, breaking up fights, trying to take a nap and occasionally smoke a pipe.

Things aren't bad now, just different. Wouldn't have it any other way.

- Kevin -

Flakes, Plugs and Crumble Kakes
    Posted 2 years ago #
  66. puffin

puffin

Login to Send PM

Well...fly fishing, fly tying, mountain biking and backpacking. I played lacrosse while in college and now play with various men's teams and coach, I also spent much time ski racing, and now coach, men's league hockey, lifting/exercise, beer, pipes/tobacco, guitar and harmonica, and planning my (our) upcoming wedding. I also recently started A Song of Fire and Ice series of books...Riveting! That combined with working full time and completing my masters degree yield zero me time...I guess that's where the pipe comes in!

We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect. - Aldo leupold
    Posted 2 years ago #
  67. terry

terry

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Tying flies, flyfishing, crappie fishing, bream fishing, camping, knife making, photography, shooting pistols, and cooking.

Posted 2 years ago #
  68. zanthal

zanthal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

(totally missed this thread all this time )

I'm pretty much just a gamer these days. PC games, I built this PC myself. The list of games I've played for longer than a month goes: Star Wars Galaxies, Everquest 2, Lord of the Rings Online, Rappelz, Runes of Magic, Star Wars The Old Republic, and right now, The Secret World.

I used to ride a Honda Shadow 1100cc, I ended up having to sell it, a decision I regularly regret, I enjoyed it very much.

I've done some freelance photography ... nothing as good what has already been put in this thread. A couple of weddings, a few concerts.

I got pretty into mixing electronica, techno and/or house music, and put together ... nine tracks I do believe. Only two of them really were any good, and even those two weren't anything all that great.

I can play a little guitar too, and also, not that well.

“ Rest satisfied with doing well, and leave others to talk of you as they please. ”
    — Pythagoras
    Posted 2 years ago #
  69. gageploungin

gageploungin

Login to Send PM

Body-boarding, hiking, steelhead, salmon, and sturgeon fishing, I make a pretty mean hard cider, and skiing (not nearly as much as I used to though). I've been hitting auctions and estate sales lately and reselling online as a second income.

“Does God want goodness or the choice of goodness? Is a man who chooses to be bad perhaps in some way better than a man who has the good imposed upon him?”
    ― Anthony Burgess, A Clockwork Orange
    Posted 2 years ago #
  70. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

I am glad I started this thread, we just need more pictures.

Posted 2 years ago #

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   pruss, natibo, kingjon, retrogasm, ravkesef, olewaylon, pitchfork, tbradsim1, shaintiques, simnettpratt, northernneil, huntertrw, jfox520, beefeater33, darwin, papajoe