PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I just read this from another forum I visit. If you have any of your favorites on this list, now would be a good time to grab as much as you can. If this list has been posted before, my apologies.
" We are contacting you regarding your order for McClelland pipe tobacco. The manufacturer has reported that a recent crop needed for a number of their blends was not up to their standards. Until they have a new crop that meets their expectations and prepare it, they will not be producing or taking orders for the affected blends.
As such, backorders for the following McClelland products cannot be filled, and any that have stock left will not be replenished in the foreseeable future:
East Carolina Ribbon

Club Old Dog

Blakeney’s Bayou Slice

Tudor Castle

Avenue AM

Avenue McRaspberry

Avenue Blend Nutty Hazel

Avenue Blend TG-3

No. 5100 Red Cake

No. 5110 Dark English

M27 Three Cherries

M55 Georgian Cream

M58 Apricot Brandy

M95 Dark Cherry Cordial

No. 2015 Virginia Flake

No. 2030 No. 1 Grade Balkan

No. 2035 Dark Navy Flake

No. 400 Crème Caramel

Three Oaks Original

Legends

Mellow Mack

Cigar Blends Dominican Glory

Balkan Beauty

Grand Orientals – Yenice Agonya

St. James Woods"

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
A few days ago, someone was told by their local B&M ( I assume) that 2045 wasn't going to be available. I don't see that on the list so, who knows? My local shop owner says McClelland can be a PITA to deal with when ordering. Who knows? Aside from Legends, Ill be ok. Sad that (if) these blends go the way of so many others.
Mike S.

Sad days for cure for a McClelland fanboy

lecilefav.jpg

spartan99

Can't Leave
Mar 10, 2017
Glad I laid in a bunch of Wilderness while it was still available. Unfortunately, I didn't catch this in time to do the same for No. 2015.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The only blend that McClelland makes that I smoke is Burtera Royal Vintage: Dark Stoved. I was curious after my hiatus if there were any flakes I needed to try so I contacted jiminks and asked him. He recommended the Butera flake even though it was not new. I tried a tin and was impressed. I had always shied away from McClelland blends due to their use of red virginia's. This Butera was listed as strictly Lemon virginia's and jiminks was right. I got no bite and the flavors were awesome. I now have a nice supply in my cellar and will be excited to see how it ages.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Jesse, lololol, I don't think too many here will get the bubbe meises reference but I love it. It is so true on so many levels. I think a lot of us have nothing better to do, it is not like we can get together and play mah jongg.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Jesse, lololol, I don't think too many here will get the bubbe meises reference but I love it. It is so true on so many levels. I think a lot of us have nothing better to do, it is not like we can get together and play mah jongg.
LOL! My mothers' weekly mah jong game went on for almost 70 years

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
jesse, you are bringing back memories long forgotten. I remember my grandmothers games and damn if I just remembered they were on Thursdays. Friday she was too busy cooking and she played golf on the weekends. She also had a bridge game during the week as well. I remember her teaching us how to play mah jongg as kids along with Gin. It was a total different world back then wasn't it?
I bought 7 more tins of the Butera last night.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I never learned how to play Mah Jong, but played many many games of Gin with my mom. It was and still is our go to game.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"No. 2015 Virginia Flake"
Harris, I assume you mean #2015 VaPer? If so that will be a disaster for me as along with St. James Flake (SG) it is a huge favourite of mine. I just hope my Enabler has plenty in stock :(
Regards,
Jay.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
mawnansmiff, that is a list that I copied from another site, not my personal one. It says what is says, and I am sure when they say 2015 they are talking about the Vpaer that goes by that number.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Oh boy. I'm a moderate smoker, don't use much 'baccy. So now it will take me even longer to open my tins of McClelland blends thinking I'll never get them again. I'm afraid I'll tend to smoke what I think I can eventually replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.