PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
I'm hoping that there is a Liquorice or Anise flavored tobacco out there. I'm hoping that if there is one, it's only mildly flavored, as I don't necessarily want a full on aro (unless that is all there is). So, if you got a suggestion, please share it.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
The most sophisticated blend with just a dash of licorice is probably Esoterica's Blackpoolhttp://www.4noggins.com/esotericablackpool8oz.aspx.

EsotericaBlackpool.jpg

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
i'm not on absolutely certain ground here--it's been a few decades ago, but didn't Half & Half

have a Liquorice casing? i just remember i couldn't smoke it--i need to give it another try--

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
I'm looking for just Liquorice or Anise. I was hoping there was something that didn't require purchasing an 8oz bag of tobacco. As for the Troost, butterscotch may not work for me, but I will keep it in mind. Thanks for the suggestions, and I hope there are a few more to come.

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Well there is Mixture No. 79. :lol:

Hah in my opinion it isn't anywhere near as bad as a lot of folks make it out to be. It is a full on aro but really unusual and I kind of like that about it. It certainly does ghost a pipe though so best tried in a cob or clay. It's also an OTC so it's cheap and readily available so not really much of a risk.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
mmmm. My grandma used to make anise sugar cookies every Christmas. Brings back memories. I will have to get something similar. Maybe even put a drop of anise oil in some tobacco lol.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
http://tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=B&TID=487
Check this link, its all about a UK blend with Liquorice flavouring

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Black Ambrosia and Seven seas black both have a licorice flavor to me. The black ambrosia is more subtle.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Sail Green has a touch of anise, along with just a hint of latakia. It's a pleasant enough smoke,although nothing earth-shattering. You can get buy a single pouch at 4Noggins or P&C, and I am sure at other places as well,for about $6.50.
Sail-Green-Aromatic.JPG

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Where are you Romanza10? If you are in Canada I will split one with you. I will buy the bag you can send me the dough and I will send you half of it. I love anise and would like to try Blackpool.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Half&Half had deer tongue in it. Some folks think it tastes like anise although it has been used as a vanilla substitute. C&D's Gentlerman Caller is a deer tongue blend that I smoke regularly.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
As ichbinmuede suggests, many Mixture 79 smokers claim to taste licorice and floral/soapy flavors; but I'm pretty sure it's just a vanilla casing -- perhaps poorly done. However, the stuff has been around for years, so somebody must be enjoying it.
As for not wanting to experiment with an 8oz. purchase, consider that your odds of success are much greater than 50/50 since the blend description is exactly what you're looking for. Also, you can probably find someone here to buy or trade for it if you Blackpool strikes out.

On the upside, if it lives up to expectations, you've got a nice supply on hand.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
dhizzy said: Black Ambrosia and Seven seas black both have a licorice flavor to me. The black ambrosia is more subtle.
Oddly enough, I do have a tin of 7 Seas Black, it came in my last TAD order. I will have to make that my next tin to open after I finish up the Haddo's.
ohin3 said: Where are you Romanza10? If you are in Canada I will split one with you. I will buy the bag you can send me the dough and I will send you half of it. I love anise and would like to try Blackpool.
I live in the great state of South Carolina. Otherwise I would take you up on said offer. I am intrigued with the thought of Blackpool, I do like the stuff that Esoterica Tobacciana makes. I may end up getting it at some point any way.
Thank you all for your suggestions.

doctorthoss

Oct 6, 2011
Hearth and Home's Classic Burley Cake has some anise in it -- it's very tasty stuff, and you can buy a small quantity in bulk to sample.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Blackpool sounds good, Im not sure about anise pipe tobacco, I do love anise snuff though

Status
Not open for further replies.