Limited Edition Cigar Blend Tins ? Gone Forever? Any Really Good Ones?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
I have seen some really nice looking cigar branded pipe tobacco tins recently - but not for very long!

For various reasons I did not (sadly) purchase any so I thought to ask the Forum;

One: does anybody know if they are ever coming back (especially Cult Profile)

Two: are any of them a particularly good smoke?

They were available on P&C's website.
Plugugly

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Smokingpipes.com has them in stock. Look under "Lane Limited"
I haven't tried any of these, and I doubt I will. I'm usually skeptical of these kinds of releases (cigar manufacturers crossing over, pipe makers creating their own blends, etc). Let us know if any are great.

Aren't those new cigar branded pipe tobaccos just vanilla aromatics? Nothing like Spectre, which is an awesome smoke, IMO. I'm not sure why these new cigar brands are turning to aromatics as their genre of pipe tobacco. Is this from some sort of notion that all pipe tobaccos are aromatics? Or is there some other reason they didn't even stay within the cigar genre of pipe tobaccos?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Excellent question, Cosmic, and I've wondered the same thing. Do the cigar guys know something about the FDA that the rest of us don't? No doubt that these are just relabeled blends so why are they going to market after the deeming date unless something bigger is going on?

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
The Lane cigar brand blends (Macanudo, Punch, Partagas, etc.) are coming back in stock right now, and the new Cult tins should be here by the end of the month.
Russ

pipinho

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2013
try Habana daydream by C&D:

https://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/cornell-diehl/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=40654

Status
Not open for further replies.