PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
My curiosity finally got the best of me and I placed an order for 9 HU blends. But what a PITA! I placed the order while using my iPad, perhaps that wasn't a good idea. I don't believe there is a German translation add on for the Safari browser. So I had to keep switching from the HU Tab to a German to English translation pad, using copy and paste, to figure out what was needed to create an account and fill out all the address stuff.
Thankfully, by hitting each blend's icon, a pop up does provide a description in English. But I had formed my opinion on what to purchase mostly from Tobacco Reviews so that wasn't a big deal. And God Bless those finicky Germans, the account set up requires a 12 digit complex password. Messed with that quite awhile before I finally used the translator.
Their tobacco isn't cheap but isn't horrible either considering the Euro conversion and shipping. $203 which turns out to be around $27 per 100 grams. I don't know whether to hope I love it or am better off hating it so I'm not tempted to go through the hassle and higher cost again. Actually, I do know. I'm a masochist when it comes to my tobacco, I hope I love every blend.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Mark, try getting a real laptop and then you would have google translator on it. I can just picture you swearing up a storm as you were trying to order that stuff.
I hope you like it and have to keep ordering from them, knowing you are bitching and moaning the whole time, just warms my heart.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Harris, hearing such warm words and empathy from you is dear to my heart. LOL I was sitting in my recliner, laid back, smoking a bowl full of 2012 SG FVF while doing this. A laptop would have been cumbersome. And no, I wasn't cursing out loud as I might have dropped the pipe clenched in my teeth. Perhaps a profane thought or two crossed my mind.
I do think the next time would be much easier. One, the account registration is done and I recorded the password. Two, it would be a miracle if I loved all 9 blends enough to reorder them all. We'll see.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Not a bad price considering these tobaccos are HU; but I ain't paying it!!

Not a bad price when you consider that Condor's going rate for 500g is $360.00. There isn't a tobacco in the universe worth that coin, and needless to say, I ain't paying that either!!!

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I always get my HU tobacco from Esterval’s and it’s easy as 123. The prices are actually really nice, you can get Salty Dogs for a little over $10 a Plug. The trick is to buy enough to make the shipping worth it. At Esterval’s it’s a flat fee, so the more the merrier.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Harris, both the 2012 FVF and BBF are excellent as is the SJF. I don't have any aged stuff but I recently found I like Sam's Flake. Whenever it hits the shelves here in the States again, I'm going to load up big time.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Harris, both the 2012 FVF and BBF are excellent as is the SJF. I don't have any aged stuff but I recently found I like Sam's Flake. Whenever it hits the shelves here in the States again, I'm going to load up big time.
Sam's Flake at P&C, Cup O' Joes & 4noggins now!!!!!

dunstanhillwell62

Might Stick Around
May 11, 2017
Denmark
I always get my HU tobacco from Esterval’s and it’s easy as 123. The prices are actually really nice, you can get Salty Dogs for a little over $10 a Plug. The trick is to buy enough to make the shipping worth it. At Esterval’s it’s a flat fee, so the more the merrier.
I wholeheartedly agree. Esterval's is a great place to shop. Far better than the other two German shops I used to buy from. 37€ shipping to the US for up to 5 kgs.

5 kgs is a lot of tobacco. At least in this household. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.