PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
I went back to the antique shop where I found the English Cutty last week. The owner said there was another piece I might find interesting. She brought out a second pipe, obviously from the same set.

c61daceb.jpg

It has the It has the same Anchor and Lion on the silver band as well as a very legible "b".

d6a06abe.jpg

The stamp on the shank contains the same symbol that was on the leather box liner.

45f93bda.jpg

Needless to say, after reading your comments about the first piece, I happily gave her the $45 asking price and now own the pair. Sometimes life is very good to me. Thanks for the expert advice, ladies and gentlemen.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Those are incredible, I love those cutty briar pipes, I dont have one myself, but I have a clay, I love the shape

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
Congrats on the find! A couple of fine-looking pipes there. Hope they smoke as good as they look.
Simon

seakayak

Sep 21, 2010
The second Cutty had never been smoked. Now it has. And, yes, it smokes like a dream.

johnd

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2012
Wow! 8O

Glad somebody had luck in an antique shop. Congrats on a great find!

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
If I were you, I'd go back in a week or two!!!
This is good advice, from tab812. Developing a relationship with the owner might let you get first crack at any new inventory she gets in the shop. Some day she gets in a new batch of pipes and thinks, "I'll call seakayak and let him know I have new pipes."
You might get first crack at some nice ones!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Nice classy pair of pipes, and outrageously good luck.
I don't have any pipes with a nice shiny silver band, but things change. :puffy:

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Those are nice looking pipes. I'm thinking I need to check out some antique stores around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.